Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Passive Protection Part Failure?

Good afternoon!

I did wonder if the 'security compromise' was due to an 'Accounting Error' where the fee for the security certificate had been overlooked?
    lol!

Yes, I saw D'Artagnan became a musketeer by the end of the book when I looked it up, so you can totally go with four musketeers. And if a fifth hosts file entry starts being unimmunized, I suggest you call it Albert.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert...ifth_Musketeer

I'm really curious on the immunization problem, since there seems to be all different security software amongst the computers in the posts so far and I can't think what else might cause just four unimmunized hosts file entries or what the common denominator might be amongst the computers. Good luck with support, I hope you find out what is causing the immunization problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    lol!

Yes, I saw D'Artagnan became a musketeer by the end of the book when I looked it up, so you can totally go with four musketeers. And if a fifth hosts file entry starts being unimmunized, I suggest you call it Albert.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert...ifth_Musketeer

I'm really curious on the immunization problem, since there seems to be all different security software amongst the computers in the posts so far and I can't think what else might cause just four unimmunized hosts file entries or what the common denominator might be amongst the computers. Good luck with support, I hope you find out what is causing the immunization problem.
    Good morning!

Your not the only one who is curios about it being fixed as previously there were no 'left overs' when the security software was chomping away in the background like Pacman!

I did however take the precaution of disconnecting from the Internet BEFORE I claimed 'Administrators Rights' when running Spybot and then Immunization.
    But as we know it didn't work!

I will keep you advised of the next 'chapter' and fingers crossed for a solution!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller11 View Post
    Hi,

I am encountering a part failure when running Immunization as I get '4 Unprotected' in: Windows 'Global (Hosts) (C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.)'

Can anyone tell me how to rectify this please, as re-running Immunization fails to protect these 4 'problems'
    While I am at a loss to establish exactly what they are.

Thanks
    im having the same issue on my laptop running Windows 7 64bit.

Same location as well.

When I check system it says 4 are still unprotected, I reapply immunization and it says all are immunized, I recheck again and still 4 are unprotected.

I also have avast installed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax2069 View Post
    im having the same issue on my laptop running Windows 7 64bit.

Same location as well.

When I check system it says 4 are still unprotected, I reapply immunization and it says all are immunized, I recheck again and still 4 are unprotected.

I also have avast installed as well.
    Hello madmax2069,

I have raised 3 requests to SpyBot Technical Support on this issue and while the first reply provided an answer it failed to rectify the issue, so a reply was sent advising them of the outcome which was basically 'failure to resolve'.

That reply was sent on 09/08/2017 also advising of other forum members who were experiencing the same 'problem'.
    Another request was then sent on 14/08/2017 to which there has been no response.

It might help if you would also raise a support request please as it seems that this 'problem' is growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller11 View Post
    Hello madmax2069,

I have raised 3 requests to SpyBot Technical Support on this issue and while the first reply provided an answer it failed to rectify the issue, so a reply was sent advising them of the outcome which was basically 'failure to resolve'.

That reply was sent on 09/08/2017 also advising of other forum members who were experiencing the same 'problem'.
    Another request was then sent on 14/08/2017 to which there has been no response.

It might help if you would also raise a support request please as it seems that this 'problem' is growing.
    yes I submitted a support ticket as well as posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax2069 View Post
    yes I submitted a support ticket as well as posted here.
    My Support Request has now been re-submitted along with a picture showing the results of the Immunization 'results'.

I can only hope that we get an answer sooner than later, as my first request must be over 3 weeks old!

The reply came through from SpyBot Support and they asked me to update the program as I was not running on the latest version, so I did following their instructions.........

Sadly after cleaning out the old version and installing the new one then going through the Update process the 4 entries remain 'Unprotected' so the results have now been fed back to Support.........

Watch this space as they say!.......

Well it's now some time since this 'problem' was sent over to SpyBot Support as a Technical Request and other than being advised to update to the latest version of SB S&D which was carried out using the instructions to the letter to carry it out the 'problem' still exists!

I did however see a rather quickly displayed 'Message' advising of an error that you might receive when carrying out Immunization if you were/are using Zone Alarm Antivirus.

So as I am I disconnected from the Internet, disabled Zone Alarm as the computer then advised that Zone Alarm Anti Virus and Defender (Which is permanently disabled and not allowed to update) were turned off.

I then ran Immunization and got the same result as previously in that 4 'Global (Hosts) (C:\Windows.......... are still unprotected'

So it seems that disabling Zone Alarm is not the answer to getting a 'Full House' when running Immunization.

Finally got the answer in which the 4 outstanding 'Hosts' files get sorted out!

As I am using Zone Alarm I went into the 'Firewall' side of ZA and then 'View Details', then 'Settings' then click on 'Advanced Settings' and 'UNCHECK' the 'Lock hosts file'.

The come out of ZA and run Immunization in Spybot the outstanding files that will not clear immunization are then (or should be) resolved!

When that is done DON'T FORGET to go back into ZA and RE-CHECK the 'Lock hosts file' to continue your protection in ZA.

There should hopefully be a couple of pictures attached showing the pages in ZA where you will find the places of 'interest' and where to click or not click!

Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images

There were some troubles with Zone Alarm lock hosts file and Spybot Immunization a very long time ago. Here's an example thread here. (The lock hosts file bug is long gone, though, so you can ignore that part.)
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...bot-Hosts-file
    But it used to cause an error, I never dreamed that the four missing hosts file entries would be due to that in the present day. Thanks so much for posting back about it.