Recently my wife installed spybot search and destroy on her machine. Today her keyboard stopped functioning. I rebooted the machine multiple times to no avail the keyboard would not work. It is also a touch screen and the touchscreen as well would not work. after using 4 different keyboards and 8 restarts including full shutdown restarts I was able to login I had about a 2 second window of the keyboard functioning. After logging in keyboard once again stopped functioning however the mouse was so I had to do everything via mouse it was a true pain.

I uninstalled and reinstalled all of the keyboard devices and even the touchscreen as none would work for input. This did not fix the problem.

I noticed Windows was informing me that the virus protection was turned off. I tried to start it multiple times to no avail. I then went to the applications to see what has recently been installed that is when I found Spy Bot Search and Destroy as the only thing installed in the last 10 days.

Based on this I removed Spybot Search and Destroy. I would have commented about why I was uninstalling however once again no keyboard input at all.

After the program was installed all inputs once again were functioning as well as the virus protection.

The system is Windows 10 Professional Slow update ring fully up to date.

I hope this helps anyone who has a similar problem.