Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Web Browser Infected With Malware

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

This forum restricts attachments to around 48k, (a bit absurd in 2017); the Malwarebytes log is like ~140K. I realise larger files--even in terms of kilobytes, can be packing malware/trojans/etc. However, in today's digital environment some concessions must be made.
    I will pass the comment along to administrators

The malware/adware issues have always been confined to the web browser. Most of the symptoms seem to be gone, but I'll continue to monitor things.
    Good.
    A couple more scans should find any remnants that could be left over.

Zemana AntiMalware Free
    download it from here:

Double-click on the file named “Zemana.AntiMalware.Portable” to perform a system scan with Zemana AntiMalware Free.

You may be presented with a User Account Control dialog asking you if you want to run this program. If this happens, you should click “Yes” to allow Zemana AntiMalware to run.
    When Zemana AntiMalware starts, click on the “Scan” button to perform a system scan.
    without changing any options, press Scan

When Zemana has finished finished scanning it will show a screen that displays any malware that has been detected. To remove all the malicious files, click on the “Next” button.
    Zemana AntiMalware will now start to remove all the malicious programs from your computer.
    Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please restart your computer manually.
    • open Zemana AntiMalware again and locate the latest report
    • please paste the contents into your reply

When the process is complete, you can close Zemana AntiMalware

~~~~~~~~~~`

ESET Online Scanner
    • Click here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.
    • Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that here.
    • Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
    • Place a checkmark in YES, I accept the Terms of Use, then click Start. Wait for ESET Online Scanner to load its components.
    • Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
    • Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
    • Remove found threats
    • Scan archives
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology

• Click Start to begin scanning.
    • ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
    • When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
    • Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
    • Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

bump...
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Glad we could help.
    Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.