Thread: Find details after a system scan

Default Find details after a system scan

After I do a System Scan (Spybot 2.6) and my results are showing, I've been selecting each result to see the details in the box to the left. The area on the left can not be widened to see all the wording. For example, one line in the Detail area says "Estimated Danger: Margi...". Margi what? Marginally unsafe or Marginally safe? The colored bar directly above the wording is green. How can I widen that area to read it? No double lines show when I hover my mouse between the left and right sections.

At the bottom of the "Details" box there is a link that says "Show details". When I hover my mouse on the link it says "Show product description and removable guide online". When I click on it, it shows me search results from the forum. The search results certainly do not look like the product description or the removable guide. Before I fix something that the scan found, I'd like to read some details about why something is bad. For Example, one of my results has a description of Volume Serial number in the "...Microsoft\Windows Media\WMSDK" line of my registry. I have no idea if fixing that result will corrupt something or not. Where can I read about why my Volume Serial number (and other results) are bad before I let Spybot fix them?

Thanks - David

After I do a System Scan (Spybot 2.6) and my results are showing, I've been selecting each result to see the details in the box to the left. The area on the left can not be widened to see all the wording.
    I did a quick scan to see, and you are right, you can't widen it. I tried pulling the window to the side, etc. and it still stays as Margi. I did see that you can see the whole word if you maximize the Spybot window by clicking the box in the upper right corner, right next to the X. The Margi is Marginal.

I don't have any malware to double check it, but I did check before and as I recall, if a result that Spybot found is malware, then if you click more details it will take you to the malware description,etc. on the forums. That is in this section of the forum here:
    https://forums.spybot.info/forumdisp...Removal-Guides
    However, if a result is in the tracks category or Browser and you click More Details, it performs a search of the forums for that particular result.
    For example, this is the search results for a stats counter cookie in my own scan results I just did:
    https://forums.spybot.info/search.php?searchid=2622581
    Stats counter is a tracking cookie.So yes, these are a bit harder to find out about, but in general you can just go by the tracks description linked above(i.e: history of websites you visited, web pages pages you have opened, documents you have read or edited, programs you have run and other information recording your activities that is stored on your computer.) Fixing tracks etc. should not result in corruption, though if you fix all tracks found some result in cookies, etc. being removed.

If you would rather not have tracks scanned for by Spybot you can open Spybot Start Center, checkmark Advanced Mode, then click Settings(saying yes if prompted to run as administrator), select the categories tab and somewhere within the categories window, rightclick and select Spyware Scan Only, then click Apply and Ok.

Or, if there are some tracks or browser category results you are unsure about fixing, but you still wish to scan for tracks, you can certainly uncheck the ones you want to so that they are not fixed until you can find out more about the result in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I did see that you can see the whole word if you maximize the Spybot window by clicking the box in the upper right corner, right next to the X.
    No, Zenobia, I think David12846 is wright. And clicking the box in the upper right corner does not show all the words on the left side of the screen. I keep see in front of "Estimated Danger: " or "Mar..." or "Very...".
    I thing it is a program bug, but who am I?
    Note that I have tried other screen resolutions but the problem persist.
    Thank you, because it seams you are only one how cares about this problem on spybot forum or even on spybot office.
    Yours,
    Esoj

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I did see that you can see the whole word if you maximize the Spybot window by clicking the box in the upper right corner, right next to the X.
    Zenobia, I forgot to write: Monitor ASUS VN248, AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series, Win 7 pro, Spybot 2.7.65.0, Start Center 2.7.65.131

Yours
    Esoj

Hello Esoj Sevla,

Quote Originally Posted by Esoj Sevla View Post
    Thank you, because it seams you are only one how cares about this problem on spybot forum or even on spybot office.
    Yours,
    Esoj
    The original poster received a response. Did you open a support ticket?

Best regards,
    tashi
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016