Thread: EBay: Malicious address detected!

Default EBay: Malicious address detected!

I'm using Firefox with Win 7 , Spybot 2.4, and when I was on EBay in the item description area I keep getting the following...

You have requested an internet resource that might be malicious.

Even though I select one of the options (Allow it permanently and add Domain (vipr.ebaydesc.com) to whitelist) and hit proceed, it still won't allow the sellers description. This has happened with multiple sellers. How do I get around this?
    Last edited by Sean1218; 2017-08-26 at 21:01.

Please see here:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post442182

If you would like to disable the Spybot proxy, you can open the Spybot – Search & Destroy “Start Center“ and click on “Settings“. Say yes to UAC if prompted. Click the Internet Protection tab, and uncheck "Use Spybot proxy", then click “Apply“ and “OK“.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Please see here:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post442182

If you would like to disable the Spybot proxy, you can open the Spybot – Search & Destroy “Start Center“ and click on “Settings“. Say yes to UAC if prompted. Click the Internet Protection tab, and uncheck "Use Spybot proxy", then click “Apply“ and “OK“.
    Thank you. I had already tried that as well and had the same results. I refreshed the browser afterwards as well. Would I have to re-boot the system after making those changes?

You're welcome. No, I don't believe you need to reboot after changing proxy info, but you can try it for good measure.
    If that does not work then the Spybot proxy can be removed manually if need be. But before doing that could you please let me know if you ordinarily connect to the internet through a cable modem, dsl router, or LAN? Or, and this would be rare these days, is it a dial-up connection or solo dsl connection? Also, can you let me know if you ordinarily do or do not use a proxy (besides the Spybot proxy) when connecting to the internet? Sorry to ask all the questions, but it's so it will be easier to get to the right place when removing the Spybot proxy. Also, is your Spybot a recent install and have you downloaded any Updates yet?