Thread: Message - 2 other users detected using my Spybot - infringement of license.

Default Message - 2 other users detected using my Spybot - infringement of license.

This has me worried.

I have Spybot Home 2.6 installed on my one-month-old Windows 10 Laptop. It is not installed on any other product of mine.

I did have Spybot Home 2.4 on my old Windows Vista Laptop. However, it started giving problems and failed to work.
    This saga is discussed in a previous thread.
    That Laptop has not been used since installation of my new one.

I do have a Tablet, seldom used, and my wife has a mobile phone on which she uses Whats App. But Spybot is not on those.

So who these other 2 users are is a mystery and a concern to me. I would like more information.

As far as I am aware, I have one product and one license.

Oh, yes, I did tell my Firefox to allow the Spybot Forum cookie as suggested in another Forum Thread

Hello. Sorry to hear your other laptop did not make it. I hate when that happens, I currently have no less then 3 broken laptops so don't feel bad: One suddenly decided that a drink of my coffee would be nice, (and that did not go well at all!), one decided that it really didn't need a functioning mosfet anymore, and one decided that when my thumb accidentally grazed over the screen lightly that it would make me impressed with my own strength by making black wavy lines everywhere, which weirdly enough looks almost like a modern art piece. But anyways, that's neither here nor there.

urrguru posted awhile back that they heard from Spybot support that the "2 clients installed message" can be a small bug:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post475362
    Quote Originally Posted by urrguru
    '2 Clients Installed' Team Spybot advises this is a bug

The notice pop-up causing the issue of '2 Clients Installed', has been addressed by the Support Group.

It's reportedly a "small bug" currently found in SpyBot.
    You can contact team spybot here, so they can help you further with this:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/con...ition-support/

Default Thanks for your prompt reply, Zenobia.

If it's a "small" bug known to the Spybot team then I'm confident that it will be fixed without me needing to contact support.

If it happens again, I will re-open the thread.

Okay, you're welcome.