Thread: Cannot install Live Protection Windows 10, Spybot Home 2.6

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cannot install Live Protection Windows 10, Spybot Home 2.6

Live Protection.

Keep getting message "cannot install"

New computer, Spybot 2.6 installed. Had 2.4 on old Vista computer.

There are a few things you can try listed here:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...ve-protection/
    This part especially you might want to try if you haven't already.
    To enable Live Protection:

• Open Spybot by right-clicking on the Spybot icon and choosing the option to “Run as administrator”.
    • Run as Administrator
    • Click on the Live Protection status in the Start Center.
    • This will open up the Live Protection Settings.
    • If you see “Live Protection is not installed”, click on “Show Live Protection advanced controls”.
    • Click on “Install Live Protection”.
    • If you receive an error message saying “Live Protection System Driver could not be installed”, you will have to restart your PC in order to re-attempt the installation.
    • Once you have restarted your machine, please open Spybot.
    • You should see a dialog asking you whether or not to install Live Protection.
    • Click Yes.
    • Live Protection should now be enabled.
    Please let me know how it goes.

Default Thanks Zenobia for your suggestions but no Luck.

I followed your instructions: re-start, administrator, install Live Protection. Got the reply "Live Protection Driver cannot be installed". Tried "Download LP until re-boot". Got message "Live Protection Driver cannot be downloaded.

Did another re-start and tried again. Got the same messages.

Chris

ps. Wondering if I should re-install 2.6 and its license?

Yes, you could try reinstalling 2.6 and the license.
    I'll give the instructions from the spybot page:

If you do not see this dialog, you will have to reinstall Spybot.

• Before reinstalling Spybot, you must uninstall the old installation.
    • Please see here for instructions on how to uninstall Spybot.
    • Alternatively, you can run the Spybot installer, which will detect the current installation and offer to uninstall it.
    • Once you have uninstalled Spybot and restarted your machine the installation should begin automatically.
    • Spybot 2.4 can be downloaded from here.
    • If you are a licensed user, you can download your license installer from the original email that was sent to at the time of purchase.
    • If you do not have your license installer, you can request that your license be resent to you by filling in the form here.
    • During the installation process you should see a dialog prompting you to “Install Live Protection”.
    • Click “Yes”.

If Live Protection is still not enabled, please go to the Live Protection settings in Spybot, and then click “Install Live Protection”.

• When Live Protection has been successfully installed, you can then click “Activate Live Protection”.
    • Live Protection will then be enabled and actively protecting your PC.
    Note:Where it says "Spybot 2.4 can be downloaded from here" the text of that is out of date, but if you click on the link you will end up with the right setup file for Spybot 2.6.

Default Cannot install Live Protection - continued....

Hello Zenobia, sorry, bad news.
    Uninstalled and Re-installed 2.6 (in Administrator Mode) 3 times - just to make sure that I got everything right.
    Got the same messages "cannot install / load LP driver".
    In addition, I got "Bit Defender Threat Scanner messages" when I uninstalled Spybot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Yes, you could try reinstalling 2.6 and the license.
    I'll give the instructions from the spybot page:

Note:Where it says "Spybot 2.4 can be downloaded from here" the text of that is out of date, but if you click on the link you will end up with the right setup file for Spybot 2.6.

I'm sorry to hear that. Thank you for following the instructions on Spybot's "How to turn on Live Protection" page. You have done great.

The Bit Defender Threat Scanner messages are errors that sometimes occur with Spybot 2.6. There is a workaround for it, but unfortunately the workaround is for the free version only, because it involves reinstalling Spybot without the files necessary for antivirus scanning, and you need those files where you have a paid version of Spybot.

I don't know any other methods to try to get Live Protection working, so I'll turn you over to Spybot Support now. Please fill out the form:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/con...ition-support/
    You could include the link to your thread here if you like, along with your message to them, so that they know you have already tried reinstalling, etc.:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...pybot-Home-2-6
    You could also ask them about the Bit Defender Threat Scanner messages that happened when you uninstalled as well, perhaps they have a work-around for paid versions now as well. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAGUSBE View Post
    Hello Zenobia, sorry, bad news.
    Uninstalled and Re-installed 2.6 (in Administrator Mode) 3 times - just to make sure that I got everything right.
    Got the same messages "cannot install / load LP driver".
    In addition, I got "Bit Defender Threat Scanner messages" when I uninstalled Spybot.
    did you get a solution to work? i'm having the same problem