Thread: Linux support?

Default Linux support?

I know this is probably a pipe dream, but here goes. What I would like is to have a Live-CD with a Linux distro (Knoppix, Ubuntu, etc), be able to update a .dat file on the Live-CD for the spyware definitions (and virus defs), boot to the CD, mount a Windows partition, and clean it. Does this seem possible?

Blake

Blake, you might try this question on a regular Linux forum...

What you might do is just wait to burn your CD until (assuming that you're working w / 2 computers) your other computer gets the virus. Then download the most recent .dat and then burn the CD & use it.

Have a great day! :D
    "The earth is one country and mankind its citizens." "La tierra es un sólo país y la humanidad sus ciudadanos." Bahá´u´lláh

Thumbs up

A Linux version, or a documented way to run SpybotSD under Linux (wine or whatever),
    AND a command switch to specify hive(s) to check
    would be truly SUPER - it would make SpybotSD the and an of mercy for us all.
    AKFAIK no malware in windows can infect Linux partitions

Live-CDs are possible through BartPE... running Windows (even with Live updates to a RAM disk).

For Linux, well, 1.5 will support Wine I think (at least when I last tried it on Wine and made one or two adjustments :D ).

The problem, with Wine as much as Linux, is that scanning and cleaning the registry from there is very complicated.

A native Linux command line version would be easily possible as well, regarding the fact that there's already one for Windows. But again, without any registry scanning probably.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)