Thread: how to fix BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp

Default how to fix BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp

Whenever I reboot the computer, an error message of BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp has been shown. Please tell me how to fix it.

If you have Spybot 2.6 and you have the free edition then you could follow this:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post476629

Angry

Almost the same here : Got an error when I reboot but I can't clearly see the message, it's partially truncated like "occured in" in multiple windows.
    It doest not prevent from rebooting but this quite ugly on a fresh Windows10 Pro install with last Spybot Search & Destroy version (2.6.46.0).

The problem appeared after applying "vaccination" and cancelling has no effect.
    Curent browsers : nativ Microsoft Edge (40.15063.0.0) + Firefox 55.0.3

Date of "BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp" file is updated each time but it remains empty.

It comes back to normal when I remove the whole program.
    It re-appears after another reinstallation + vaccination.

Thx for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    If you have Spybot 2.6 and you have the free edition then you could follow this:
    Ok I'm gonna try this...

It works !

Removing then reinstalling 2.6 free edition in "custom mode" with unticking "Files necessary for antivirus scanning" did the trick.

Thx !

You're welcome.

Unhappy Fix the installer

Hi,

I was wondering if you can change the installer to fix this problem so we do not have to manually do some tricks to fix it.

By the way, I really love spybot, but after using it on severals computers, I found it difficult to rely on it since there is severals installation/usage bugs which makes me wonder if I should still consider installing it by default. Quickly the other problem is during updates after first installation where I need to hit the update button 5 times because of weird updates error.

Keep the good work, just want to have a program with quality which I can rely on!

Hello. Thanks for the input. That is Team Spybot territory, though, so I'll post a link to the page where you can tell them your thoughts.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/ticket/
    That page has the feedback button, where suggestions for improvements to Spybot can be made. Or you could select technical support instead, for help with your update error if you'd prefer to do that.

Default How to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Hi I followed the link in the thread but I can't see the link on how to completely uninstall Spybot 2.6.

Hope you can help or send me the compete message to my email address.

Thanks

cjms10

Marcel6969 copied the email they got from Team Spybot to their post, and the link did not get included. The Spybot website has since been re-done, and I don't see the uninstall instructions on the website anymore. The prior link on the website used to say this:

How to Uninstall Spybot 2
    November 7th, 2012

Spybot – Search & Destroy should uninstall from the Windows Add/Remove Software control panel without problems.

If this does not work, you can also run the uninstaller file manually. This file can be found at:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2\unins000(.exe)

Or on a 32-bit/x86 PC:
    C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search & Destroy 2\unins000(.exe)

The following directories will not be removed during the uninstall procedure. if you want these folder to be deleted, you will have to remove them manually.

Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot – Search & Destroy\

Windows Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8:
    C:\ProgramData\Spybot – Search & Destroy

(Please note that the Application Data Folder is hidden. So if you cannot find this folder please check your folder properties.)

Explanation: These folders contain your preferences settings for Spybot, and the backups that Spybot creates when the System Scan is run. When Spybot is uninstalled and removed from your PC, the backups it has created are also removed.

If you are using Windows 10 and Spybot is not working/uninstalling since the upgrade, please see here for a solution to this issue.
    There are updated instructions for the threat scanner error posted on the website, which was posted after the workaround Marcel posted here:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/spybot-2-faq/

Bitdefender Threat Scanner.dmp

If you receiving the following message when shutting down your PC, it is possible that one of Spybot's files has become corrupted and needs to be replaced.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/wp-...der-250x98.png
    Fix/Solution:

This issue has been resolved in the latest version of Spybot, and several other improvements have been made. You can download Spybot 2.7 from here.
    However, another person posted the other day with this error, and they had just installed the newer version, Spybot 2.7. Did you get this error with the newer version as well?