Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spybot Anti-Beacon help

I am not familiar with regedit. I have used it plenty of times, but all I did was follow instructions from tutorials. I know how to navigate in and out, but don't know what to look for. I am okay with trying though.

Also, my anti-virus programs I have are (only the ones I actively use):
    Adaware Anti-Virus
    ZoneAlarm Firewall
    Malware Bytes

I have more, but I don't run them often at all
    Last edited by amaggard; 2017-10-13 at 03:17.

I am not familiar with regedit. I have used it plenty of times, but all I did was follow instructions from tutorials. I know how to navigate in and out, but don't know what to look for. I am okay with trying though.
    Okay, how about I get you to backup the entire registry for practice, and then we'll go from there:
    1.Down in the Cortana search box where it says Type here to search, type in regedit. Regedit should appear under best match.
    2.Rightclick regedit and select Run As Administrator.
    3.Click on Computer, then rightclick Computer and select Export.
    4.Pick somewhere to save the registry backup, such as your Documents
    5.Under Export Range, make sure All is selected.
    6.Type a file name, such as Registrybackup, and beside Save as type, make sure Registration Files (*.reg) is selected, and then click Save.
    Let me know how that went.

I did a little search on those 3 programs and couldn't find anything with them setting policies. Could you tell me the other security programs you have?

Sorry I never replied. I upgraded to an entirely different system and used my old Hard drive as additional storage and installed Window's 10 on a new drive, and now I don't have the problem anymore. Thanks for the help though.
    Last edited by tashi; 2018-02-11 at 07:02. Reason: Split off from another member's topic and merged. :-)

No problem. Glad everything worked out okay.