Thread: Immunization problem with Thunderbird

Default Immunization problem with Thunderbird

I have been running Spybot and immunization for some time, but several months ago immunization caused Thunderbird to not respond. If I undo immunization the problem resolves itself for varying periods of time, but eventually comes back. I have run immunization with Thunderbird marked to not immunize Thunderbird, but this seems to have no effect. Any solution please.

Hello philg,

I haven't heard of this issue before, which version and edition of Spybot do you have please.

See: https://www.safer-networking.org/private/

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Thanks your response

I am running Win 10 Pro 64bit Ver 10.0.14393. I updated to the latest Ver of Thunderbird this morning and have experienced the problem again. The Ver is 52.4.0 32 bit. Spybot is Ver 2.6 running under admin privileges. When I experience this problem which seems random, I undo immunization and then all is OK for a varying period of time. When I try to find the version detail of Spybot under "Help" I receive the following message "Access violation at address 3055A487 in module SDScan.exe Read of address 000002A0"
    I have had this problem for several months always with the latest version if Thunderbird and Spybot installed.
    Tks, Phil
    PS the edition is the Free Version

Default Immunization problem with Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello philg,

I haven't heard of this issue before, which version and edition of Spybot do you have please.

See: https://www.safer-networking.org/private/

Best regards.
    Hi Tashi,

I have replied to your questions. Can you find the time to look at my problem.
    ]]Thanks, philg

Hello philg,

So sorry for the late response, I must have cleared my subscriptions too early.

Please open a support ticket here they may have information in the database that could help.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016