Thread: Palikan

Default Palikan

Is anybody familiar with Palikan? If, so, can anybody tell me how to get rid of it?

Hello evilmikehoo,

Only helpers in this forum may respond to members.

To help that along please refer to the forum FAQ and the instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic providing the logs as shown in that FAQ and a volunteer analyst will advise.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Sorry!

I'm sorry, but you're speaking a totally foreign language to me! lol!! I'm not sure where I should ask this question. All I know is that I ended up with Palikan from an adobe install and it has hijacked my browser. I can't uninstall it and I don't trust anything I've found on my browser now. I was hoping I could find help here somewhere. I don't know anything about logs or registries, etc. Thank You for your time!

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Please back up your registry!

Backup the Registry:
    Credit: Dakeyras

Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it always wise to create a backup before doing so.

• Please download the installer for Registry Backup from here or here and save to your desktop.
    • Right-click on tweaking.com_registry_backup_setup.exe and select Run as Administrator >> Follow the prompts for a default installation
    • Ensure the option Open "Tweaking.com - Registry Backup" When Install Completes is selected >> Next > >> Finish
    • Once the GUI(graphical user interface) has appeared/loaded:-

• Click on Backup Now >> once the process is complete the below will be displayed in the GUI:-

• Close Tweaking.com - Registry Backup

Note: There will now be a folder at the root of the Hard-Drive named C:\RegBackup, do not delete this as it is the actual backup just created.

A tutorial for Registry Backup explaining the various features be viewed HERE

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````
    Instruction for producing the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) and aswMBR logs

Farbar Log

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note:
    You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

(A simple way to check your system: Start --> Computer (right click) --> Properties
    How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system

• Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Please make sure All Users is checked

• Do not check
      *List BCD
      *Drivers MD5
      *Shortcut txt

Or your logs will be too long to post.

• Press Scan button.
    • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
    • Please don't run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt) from your "Downloads" folder or from "Temporary Internet Files"
    • Please copy and paste log into your topic.
    • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please attach that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

aswMBR Log

Important! Please do NOT perform any fix options offered in aswMBR, we just need to see the report.

Please download aswMBR to your desktop.

• Double click the aswMBR icon to run it.
    • If a prompt stating: The computer supports "Virtualization Technology" appears select Yes
    • Click the Scan button to start scan.
    • If you are asked to update the Avast Virus database please allow it to do so.
    • When it finishes, press the Save Log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your reply with the Farbar (FRST) log.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

bump.....
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Do you still need help?

Due to lack of feedback this topic is closed.