Thread: where do we submit False Positives?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default where do we submit False Positives?

I recently upgraded Avast Antivirus to 17.7.2314 build 17.7.3660.226 10-03-2017 07:18:24 AM and as soon as I did Spybot Search and Destroy ID'd Avast AvLaunch.exe as SpamMe. Where do I submit a False Positive? I have gone to the support forensics-lab page on safer-networking.org and clicked on the "Submit a False Positive" and all it does is takes me to the Spybot forums. Where do you actually submit a False Positive file for evaluation?
    AvLaunch.jpg

Hello rlwieneke,

You posted in the correct forum, I expect a detective will respond when on-line.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hello rlwieneke,
    i tried to confirm your report in a test environment, but couldn't replicate the False Positive. The result you got is not from the File Scan, it’s from the TeaTimer and might just be some kind of glitch.
    To remove the message you should select “Allow this process to run” and deselect “Delete the associated file”.

Here is the log file from tea timer. I think I did what you said. Can you verify from this. Thank you.

10/7/2017 3:16:56 AM Encountered and terminated SpamMe in D:\Program Files\Avast\AvLaunch.exe!
    10/7/2017 3:18:36 AM Allowed (based on user decision) value "{8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06}" (new data: "") added in Browser Helper Object!

You did it right, well done!