Thread: New to Root Analyzer

Default New to Root Analyzer

I am new to this program and am trying to determine what is and isnt actually malware. I know there is some kind of virus on my laptop but am having trouble finding it. Any suggestions? The root analyzer pulled up quite a few things, some with red flags but most with yellow. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello kaycour,

Quote Originally Posted by kaycour View Post
    I am new to this program and am trying to determine what is and isnt actually malware. I know there is some kind of virus on my laptop but am having trouble finding it. Any suggestions? The root analyzer pulled up quite a few things, some with red flags but most with yellow. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Sometimes even legitimate software may use rootkit technologies. We'd need to see the log but a rootkit scan is unlikely to show a virus infection.

If you suspect malware it would be best if someone can take a look at the system in the Malware Removal Forum

Please start a new topic there after reading that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then a volunteer analyst will advise you.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016