Thread: Impossible to update Spybot Home

Default Impossible to update Spybot Home

Hello, I just bought the home édition of Spybot

And I noticed my update procédure is not matching !!! impossible to update the program
    I don't have any idea about the malfunction of downloading procedure ?
    The update window open normally , but I don't receive any downloading signature ?
    Any idea about it ?

Could you let me know what happens after the Update window opens and you click the Update button? Does the Update button become greyed out? Does Spybot show any errors? Does Spybot turn a red colour down below and indicate the update couldn't be downloaded? Is it the Antispyware or Antivirus updates that don't download?

Default No Update Button

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Could you let me know what happens after the Update window opens and you click the Update button? Does the Update button become greyed out? Does Spybot show any errors? Does Spybot turn a red colour down below and indicate the update couldn't be downloaded? Is it the Antispyware or Antivirus updates that don't download?
    I last ran Spybot Home Edition 2.1.12, 8 days ago. Whenever I run a scan, I always update. Now the Update button is gone. The start center shows "advanced user mode" checked. Also, I used the Update button just now on my wife's computer. It always shows that the anti-virus has been updated automatically, and I never have been able to do that with my edition (which was the original Spybot). And I wish that I could have a 22 minute scan (as does my wife) - always in the 2+ hour mode with only the C drive being scanned.

When you open Spybot Start Center, and click Update, is the update button missing completely, or is it greyed out?

I think scan times can vary between different computers.

I was searching different Spybot versions to see if it might be possible that your wife's Spybot gets automatic updates due to having a later version. I did notice a small difference between what I could find and the version number you listed. I found a Spybot 2.1 and a Spybot 2.0.12.0 but no Spybot 2.1.12. Could you reconfirm the version number of yours for me? Most Spybot versions beyond Spybot 2.0 should say the version number at the top of the Spybot Start Center. That might help with differences between those versions in what was available at the time, etc.

The latest version of Spybot is 2.6. Would you be willing to get a newer version? And if so, since you have a Home Edition do you still have the email available to re-download your Spybot license for your Home Edition?