Thread: turn off internet protection, firewall, exclusions from scanning other Anti Viurus et

Default turn off internet protection, firewall, exclusions from scanning other Anti Viurus et

Hello, This is my first time here and I just bought Spybot on `10/29/17 and have yet to use as I have been copying and reading the enormous amount of info on the product. Once I got into looking at all the features I couldn't believe it had so many. I am an above average PC user but need some help on three things and If I am in the wrong place here sorry or even if I am anyplace at all lol. First, in the very upper right corner of the main Sypbot page with all the choices u have such as scan, immunization, startup tools etc. There are three items listed. The top one is Live Protection which as a red box next to it with an X next to it. I really don't know how that gets turn on or off. Maybe it turns to a green check when u run a scan??? The second item under it is Internet Protection which I thought was off in the Settings box but it has a green checkmark next it and I don't know how to turn it off as I don't want it on right now. The third one under that is for updates which I don't care is on or off. I suppose if Spybot is off it turns off??? The reason for my concern about this is I have Bitdefender Total Security 2017 as my AV. Well, I looked in my Security and Maintenance and it is showing their is a Firewall on from Spybot? How do I turn that off and where is it in Spybot. The other thing is it is showing as a second Anti Virus to my Bitdefender and is showing it is on and I don't want that on either and can't find where to shut it off?. Believe me I copied everything I could find about spybot even in the help info u get on the side when u click on any of the Help buttons. Before, I wrote here I have spent hours on these things trying to find some thing on Firewall and how to turn Spybot off itself as a program so it is not on when I don't want to use it and also the Internet Protection that is showing a green checkmark???? I have Win 10 Creators Desktop and have no problems whatsoever with it or my PC it is squeaky clean. I have never had a viurus etc. period as I maintain my PC well. I have other programs like Malwarebytes and Spyhunter that are both off and I use them when I want. They are also each have an Exclusion list for other programs I have like Bitdefender, Rogue Killer,the other two I just mentioned etc. I am looking for an Exclusion part of Spybot to list about 8 similar programs to what I listed here but cannot find one. Their is a whitelist and an Ignore list but, they are not for Anti Virus or other cleaning programs I don't want scanned. I hope this is understood. My email is Mod edit:Removed email address to avoid spam bots. if someone can help at least anything I wrote about. Thank u from a rookie. Pat / drdoo2

Hello drdoo22,

Please see our videos and let us know if they are helpful to you.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5EcMKAv5g4xro7

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016