Thread: Immunization 'appears' to work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Immunization 'appears' to work

Hi. I have the home version of Spybot. Always kept updated. A few months ago I went through the procedure to fix the 'Internet Protection' feature which was only indicating 'Partial'. Thanks to a thread for that fix. Over the past few months, I have noticed that when I do Immunization, which I do regularly, it is advising the next time that I have not used immunization in the past 10 days, when I have. In recent months, it is also not finding any new updates on checking for Immunization.

I have only just suffered the first infection for several years by a popup which glazes the screen, announces verbally that MS has detected an infection that may be affecting the network and my system has been frozen and that I should contact 1800 941 042 for help to fix the problem. The only way to be able to use the computer was to hard reset. This is obviously an infection of some sort. It occurred while going to 'Outlook.com' I am pondering if this has occurred because the immunization is not working correctly?

Could you advise what steps I might take to resolve the immunization problem and is the above problem something I can resolve with Spybot?

Hello lancezephyr,

It might be best for someone to take a look at the system.

Please see the Malware Removal Forum sticky, post #2 shows how to provide logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic in that forum providing the logs so a volunteer analyst can guide you.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016