Thread: Help with Chrome virus

Exclamation Help with Chrome virus

So basicly the virus is deep in my computer(from what i know) i cant remove it neither the Spybot ooooor other antiviruses like Malware bytes
    Picture below, its has set the default page as u see in the picture, and i cant remove it from there

Things i have tried
    1. Reinstall Chrome
    2. try to remove it with malwarebyes
    3. remove it with Spybot = it just found it annnd well didnt do very much.
    Please someone help me

---------------------------------------------

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tashi; 2017-11-03 at 19:17. Reason: Added link to forum FAQ for your review. :-)

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

• Please download the installer for Registry Backup from here or here and save to your desktop.
    • Right-click on tweaking.com_registry_backup_setup.exe and select Run as Administrator >> Follow the prompts for a default installation
    • Ensure the option Open "Tweaking.com - Registry Backup" When Install Completes is selected >> Next > >> Finish
    • Once the GUI(graphical user interface) has appeared/loaded:-

• Click on Backup Now >> once the process is complete the below will be displayed in the GUI:-

• Close Tweaking.com - Registry Backup

Note: There will now be a folder at the root of the Hard-Drive named C:\RegBackup, do not delete this as it is the actual backup just created.

A tutorial for Registry Backup explaining the various features be viewed HERE

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) Scan
    • Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x32) or Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) andsave the file to your Desktop.
    • Note: Download and run the version compatible with your system (32 or 64-bit). Download both if you're unsure; only one will run.
    • Right-Click FRST.exe / FRST64.exe and select Run as administrator to run the programme.
    • Click Yes to the disclaimer.
    • Ensure the Addition.txt box is checked.
    • Click the Scan button and let the programme run.
    • Upon completion, click OK, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
    • Two logs (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) will now be open on your Desktop. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

i fixed it by Reinstalling my computer

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.