Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Persistent Warning

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Let me add a few things that can help protect your browser.

Hardening your web browser means to install extensions that will help it protect itself (and your system on the same occasion) against Exploit Kits, MiTM attacks, etc. but also you at the same time. Here are a few extensions that you can experiment and see if they work well with your computer.
    • uBlock Origin: Efficient multi-purpose blocker that is lightweight on RAM and CPU usage (Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, called uBlock on Opera);
    • HTTPS Everywhere: Extension that converts your HTTP (unencrypted) requests to HTTPS (encrypted) ones (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera);
    • Web of Trust: Website reputation, rating and review extension that will help you quickly identify bad and suspicious sites from good ones (every web browsers);
    • NoScript: NoScript is a script blocker (Java, Flash, JavaScript, etc.) for Mozilla Firefox and Firefox-based browsers (Mozilla Firefox and Firefox-based web browsers);
    • uMatrix: For advanced users, a point and click matrix-like extensions that allow you to control requests done on a webpage (based on source, destination and type) (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera);
    • LastPass: Secure password manager allowing you to create, manage, and use passwords you save in your LastPass account (every web browser);

create by Aura
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Thanks.

Allow me to operate my browser for a couple of days to give the fake alert popup some chances to pop up.

I'm currently spending quite a bit of time online doing taxes after which I'll let you know how my browser seems to be doing.

Thumbs up

Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Several days have past, I'll extend one more day to keep the topic open.

Glad we could help.
    Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.