Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Persistent Warning

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Possibly a connection, I really don't know.

Hold off on downloading another then.

DelFix

• Please download DelFix or from Here and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Double-click DelFix.exe to run the programme.
    • Place a checkmark next to the following items:
    • Activate UAC
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Click the Run button.
    • -- This will remove the specialized tools we used to disinfect your system.
      Any leftover logs, files, folders or tools remaining on your Desktop which were not removed can be deleted manually (right-click the file + delete
      ).

Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Here's what Delfix did:

# DelFix v1.010 - Logfile created 07/02/2018 at 09:55:51
    # Updated 26/04/2015 by Xplode
    # Username : Ed - ED-PC
    # Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (32 bits)

~ Activating UAC ... OK

~ Removing disinfection tools ...

Deleted : C:\FRST
    Deleted : C:\AdwCleaner
    Deleted : C:\Users\Ed\Desktop\Addition.txt
    Deleted : C:\Users\Ed\Desktop\AdwCleaner.exe
    Deleted : C:\Users\Ed\Desktop\AdwCleaner[S0].txt
    Deleted : C:\Users\Ed\Desktop\AdwCleaner[S1].txt
    Deleted : C:\Users\Ed\Desktop\Fixlog.txt
    Deleted : C:\Users\Ed\Desktop\FRST.exe
    Deleted : C:\Users\Ed\Desktop\FRST.txt
    Deleted : C:\Users\Ed\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
    Deleted : C:\Users\Ed\Desktop\RogueKiller_portable32.exe
    Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\Hijackthis

########## - EOF - ##########

Your good to go!
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Okay! Thank you very much.

Glad we could help.
    Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.

Re-opened

For the most part, if you see a browser based tech support scam, then you can simply close the browser and start it again.

please download Emsisoft Anti-Malware
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/dow...-anti-malware/

Once the file has been downloaded, double-click on the EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup_bc.exe icon to start the program. If Windows Smart Screen issues an alert, please allow it to run anyway.

If the setup program displays an alert about safe mode, please click on the Yes button to continue. You should now see a dialog asking you to agree to a license agreement. Please access the agreement and click on the Install button to continue with the installation.

You will eventually get to a screen asking what type of license you wish to use with Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
    select the Freeware or Test for 30 days, free option. If you receive an alert after clicking this button that your trial has expired, just click on the Yes button to enter freeware mode, which still allows the cleaning of infections.

You will now be at a screen asking if you wish to join Emsisoft's Anti-Malware network. Read the descriptions and select your choice to continue.(Users choice)

Emsisoft Anti-Malware will now begin to update it's virus detections.

Please be patient as it may take a few minutes for the updates to finish downloading.

When the updates are completed, you will be at a screen asking if you wish to enable PUPs detection. We strongly suggest that you select Enable PUPs Detection to protect your computer from nuisance programs such as toolbars and adware.

You will now be at the final installation screen. Please click on the Finish Installation button end the setup and automatically launch Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware will now start and display the start screen.

At this screen, please left-click on the Scan section.

You will now be at a screen asking what type of scan you would like to perform.

Please select the Malware Scan option to begin scanning your computer for infections. The Malware Scan option will take longer than the Quick Scan, but will also be the most thorough.

Please be patient while Emsisoft Anti-Malware scans your computer.

When the scan has finished, the program will display the scan results that shows what infections where found.
    Please copy and paste this into your next reply.

Now click on the Quarantine Selected button, which will remove the infections and place them in the program's quarantine. You will now be at the last screen of the Emsisoft Anti-Malware setup program, which you can close. If Emsisoft prompts you to reboot your computer to finish the clean up process, please allow it to do so. Otherwise you can close the program.

Downloaded EMSISOFT, but when I tried to run installation, I got a popup (see attached image) saying I needed to remove AVG. I'm reluctant to do so without first asking you about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I see, thats from installing and using it for free for the 30 day trial period.

Let's try something else.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM)
    • Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
    • Click the Settings tab, followed by Detection and Protection andplace a checkmark next to Scan for rootkits.
    • Click the Scan tab, ensure Threat Scan is selected andclick Start Scan.
    • Note: You may see the following message, "Could not load DDA driver". Click Yes, allow your PC to reboot and continue afterwards.
    • If threats are detected, click Remove Selected. If you are prompted to reboot, click Yes.
    • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
    • Click Application Logs, followed by the first Scan Log.
    • Click Export,followed by Copy to Clipboard. Paste the log in your next reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

ESET Online Scanner
    • Download and execute ESET Online Scanner
    • Check the following settings (two of them are under Advanced Settings, click on it to display them):
      • Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications
      • Enable detection of potentially unsafe applications
      • Scan archives
      • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
      • Optional : If you want to scan more drives, click on Change... and select the drives you want to include in the scan
    • After you're done checking these options, click on the Scan button and ESET Online Scanner will download its virus signature database before starting the scan
    • Once done, the scan will start automatically. ESET Online Scanner can have an extremely long scan time that can last between 2 or 3 hours. So if you start the scan, do not interrupt it, let it complete
    • On completion, a summary window will appear to give you the information about the scan. Then you'll have to the option to see what threads were found and to manage the threats that were quarantined
    • Click on List of found threats, it'll display every threat identified during that scan, their type and what action was taken against them. Click on Copy to clipboard to copy these results on our clipboard and post them in your next reply
    • Once you're done, click on the Back button, then click on the Finish button

~~~~

Please post these 2 logs when finished.

I tried to download Malwarebytes, but was denied. See attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Please follow this link to run the MalwareBytes Clean up tool and download a current version.
    https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1112