I have what I believe is a multi-faceted problem stemming from a particularly stubborn piece of malware.

The key indicator is when searching from Chrome's Omnibar it redirects before showing my search results as shown here:

2017-12-14 21_32_56-test - Bing.png

It's almost never the same URL or even CLOSE. I believe whatever is causing this is also preventing me from updating Spybot S&D. Running the update module in my Spybot install does nothing, I can't run the updater directly from the file, and downloading the files manually does not appear to work either. I am also unable to start the updater service due to it timing out immediately.

In trying to gather the troubleshooting information needed for this post I also experienced problems. My FRST log:

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) (x64) Version: 13-12-2017
Ran by Jay (administrator) on JAY-PC (14-12-2017 21:21:19)
Running from C:\FRST
Loaded Profiles: Jay (Available Profiles: Jay)
Platform: Windows 10 Home Version 1703 15063.540 (X64) Language: English (United States)
Internet Explorer Version 11 (Default browser: Chrome)
Boot Mode: Normal
Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ery-scan-tool/

========================================================

Please note this is the WHOLE log and no addition.txt file was created. I tried running several times, deleting and re-downloading the files and tool, running as admin... no change.

Running aswMBR.exe had even more drastic results:

BSOD.jpg

I have attempted Malware Bytes to no avail, and also tried running it in Safe Mode.

My version of windows is Win 10 64bit 1703 (OS Build 15063.540)

I have tried updating to 1709 several times and am also unable to do that due to constant failures, though that may be unrelated.

I'm at a loss as to what to try next. Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.