Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ultra-Slow machine, is it malware?

Default Reality check

You have no idea how much I appreciated reading our last post. Thanks for the link, that was more than useful.
    Sorry for the knee jerk reaction, but to a digitally challenged person like myself those were very suspicious entries. (I am learning though) The link you posted cleared that up just fine, thanks again. At this point the machine is working as good as it ever did and I would consider the whole process a success. congratulations are in order I'll wait to hear back for the delfix, thanks again.
    Sincerely, A satisfied customer

Default Minor correction

"You have no idea how much I appreciated reading (y)our last post." sorry I hate misspelled words in my posts.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Well Mr. Sincerely, A satisfied customer
    It's time to say goodbye. You can run DelFix now and remove the tools and quarantine folders.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Forgot
    If your computer computer did another unexpected restart I want you to register and post a topic here
    https://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119

The above is a tech forum (Im a member there too) which they maybe much more able to track down why thats happening.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Default Thanks again

I'll check out the tech forum, much appreciate the link. One noteworthy item that may have been relevant to the restart problem is that not long after my last reply my computer came up with a bad or corrupt driver on a bridge that I can't remember the name of... anyway I haven't had any issues since the driver update. (knocks on wood)

Quote Originally Posted by 1oldman View Post
    I'll check out the tech forum, much appreciate the link. One noteworthy item that may have been relevant to the restart problem is that not long after my last reply my computer came up with a bad or corrupt driver on a bridge that I can't remember the name of... anyway I haven't had any issues since the driver update. (knocks on wood)
    Let's knock on wood here......

It's been a pleasure.

Default Um, just one more question...

Since the thread was still open I thought I'd ask a quick question about the what the tech Site, I have signed up, done a search for relevant issue posts (using likely inferior search criteria), and decided the restart issue is unique enough to warrant a new thread. My question here is what section of the Forum would you recommend my starting the thread in ?. Last night another restart occurred with the same symptoms, so my theory about the driver update I mentioned earlier wasn't very valid. What the tech looks like a good place to explore the issue and I appreciate the link. Thanks again.

I think this forum will get you started. If it's not the right one I think they will move it for you but this is where I would start.
    https://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119

Default Thanks

Glad we could help.
    Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.