Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Blocked Sites show in Firefox after Immunization

Hello DocCovington,

Quote Originally Posted by DocCovington View Post
    Uhm, sorry, I didn't know you would respond by e-mail. Couldn't find anything, either.

My question is simple: In older versions of FF, when I would immunize my sytem (and browsers) with Spybot, the malicious sites would usually show up as "Blocked" in the list of sites/cookies in FF. They no longer do and haven't for almost a year, so I was wondering why that is.

Do you know anything about it?
    If one opens a support ticket the response is sent by email.

Support sent you another email 04/08/18.

As far as I know this was the information provided.

"To view more information about the protection enabled by Immunization, please open detailed view of Immunization. Usually there are 4 rows for a Firefox user profile. Description of immunised items are in brackets: Cookies, Images, Installations, Popups.

Immunization entries are stored in the permissions.sqlite database of Mozilla Firefox. This database uses one table. It contains permission values for installing add-ons, cookies, pop-up and images. Usually value 1 is for allow item, 2 is for blocking the item and 8 allows an item for the session only.

To check the items and values of a permissions.sqlite database a user needs a forensic tool or a sqlite viewer.

If you would like to view the permissions.sqlite file, you can use a tool developed by Safer-Networking called FileAlzyer, which can be downloaded using the link below"

https://www.safer-networking.org/products/filealyzer/

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post

"To view more information about the protection enabled by Immunization, please open detailed view of Immunization. Usually there are 4 rows for a Firefox user profile. [...]
    This is not what I meant. In Spybot, the immunization works just fine.

I was asking why the blocked cookies are no longer listed within Firefox?

Hello DocCovington,

Quote Originally Posted by DocCovington View Post
    This is not what I meant. In Spybot, the immunization works just fine.

I was asking why the blocked cookies are no longer listed within Firefox?
    That might be a question for Mozilla then, Firefox has frequent software updates.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello DocCovington,

If one opens a support ticket the response is sent by email.

Support sent you another email 04/08/18.

"To view more information about the protection enabled by Immunization, please open detailed view of Immunization. Usually there are 4 rows for a Firefox user profile. Description of immunised items are in brackets: Cookies, Images, Installations, Popups.

Immunization entries are stored in the permissions.sqlite database of Mozilla Firefox. This database uses one table. It contains permission values for installing add-ons, cookies, pop-up and images. Usually value 1 is for allow item, 2 is for blocking the item and 8 allows an item for the session only.

To check the items and values of a permissions.sqlite database a user needs a forensic tool or a sqlite viewer.

If you would like to view the permissions.sqlite file, you can use a tool developed by Safer-Networking called FileAlzyer, which can be downloaded using the link below"

https://www.safer-networking.org/products/filealyzer/

Best regards.
    What exactly does "open detailed view of Immunization" mean?