Thread: Computer not responding, is it possibly malware?

Default Computer not responding, is it possibly malware?

Hello, I don't even know what to do or where to begin. My computer has stopped responding. About a month ago our computer took over an hour to start up, we just kept seeing the four-coloured Windows logo in the middle of the black screen. Then it finally started and we were able to use it just fine. So I stopped turning it off each night, worried it wouldn't turn on again. Then for the last month it will sometimes work perfectly for some time, and then other times it will take a half hour to open an email or a webpage or an Excel spreadsheet. Now since last night it will sit on that Windows logo screen for hours and then the screen goes black and remains that way. I can't even start it up to run Spybot or any other virus scan. My Windows updates were up to date. I don't know what to do or what to try. Can someone please help me? I would be so gratful. Thank you! :o)

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

This doesn't sound good at all.

I'm not qualified or have the knowledge of what to do with this kind of computer issues.
    What I can suggest is, register here
    https://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119

create a new topic and explain what you have here and allow those tech's to see if there is something they can do,
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Thank you Juliet, I have posted on What the Tech. If there is anyone else who can help, I'm open to try stuff.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Your in good hands.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.