Thread: error: 2\unins000msg i cannot remove/fix ir?

Default error: 2\unins000msg i cannot remove/fix ir?

I cannot get rid of subject error message.

I tried to install new Spybot over the current one like a Spybot employee told someone else to do on this forum...... but the warning message cames up and would not let the new install continue. Also, tried a couple "google" expert fixes and it got to creepy for me.

does spybot have a safe link to address this problem.....

thanks for the help

Is the version you have currently Spybot 1.6.2, or a Spybot 2 version?

Does the error contain the 2 in 2\unins000msg, or would that be a typo? The reason I ask is because usually when you install a newer version of Spybot 2 (Spybot 2.6 for example) and there is an older version of Spybot 2 already installed, Spybot 2 will offer to uninstall the older version for you. However if your unins000msg file is corrupted or missing, that would cause an error and the uninstall would not continue nor would your installation of the newer Spybot continue after that, I believe. So I thought I'd doublecheck.

Default zenobia .......thanks and to clarify......yes!

the error message does have a 2 in front of it, not a typo.

I tried to down load a new version of spybot from the trusted cnet site and the spybot site.

it appears to load ok but at some point the..... 2\unins000msg...... re-appears and the program stops loading.

this procedure was tried at the suggestion of the a member of the spybot team. I forgot her name (Sara?)

how can I get rid of the error message?

would somebody be able to remotely operation my laptop and use some clean-up program to delete the error message.

thanks

Okay, thanks.
    I don't think Team Spybot does work on computers remotely, though I'm not 100% certain.
    I don't remember a team spybot member named Sara. There's a spybotsandra, though she hasn't been on the forums for quite a while.
    I'm not sure why you're getting the error: 2 unins000msg, this is the first time I remember seeing it, and I haven't turned up anything on it in a search of the forums. Since you're getting the 2\unins000msg error during installation, you might want to try uninstalling the current version pf Spybot you have installed through Programs and Features, then installing the newer version after it is uninstalled.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/mirrors26/
    Please let me know if you run into any errors or troubles when doing so.