Thread: New Spybot - Dozens of taskbar / Tray Notifications

Default New Spybot - Dozens of taskbar / Tray Notifications

Hello,
    I just updated my Professional Edition. This app is extremely useful.

I just noticed today that with this new version there now appear dozens of taskbar windows, showing scanning progress of any app running, including many copies of the same app (ntray). Some appear to be stuck around 90%, sometimes even after the app it scanned has closed. They sit in front of the system tray, making access to it impossible.

I know I had Live Protection running as I would occasionally see the progress bars ghosted back, but they didn't occupy a taskbar window or obliterate access to the system tray (or didn't appear enough to pose a problem).

Is there a way to turn off the many taskbar notifications but still retain the Live Protection?

Thanks very much, D

I'm not sure. You could ask Spybot support about that, and get their input on it.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/ticket/

Thanks for your reply Zenobia.
    Unfortunately it's not obviously that interesting as you've been the only respondent!
    And this is after paying for the service for two years.

I'm going to search for other malware scanner options.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I'm not sure. You could ask Spybot support about that, and get their input on it.

(I will say that I've always found SpyBot to be a great app...I just wish there was someone there to help us!)

Oh, yes, I see you posted quite awhile ago. January 4th. I did see posted on the forums somewhere that Team Spybot had been having some email problems, so that would probably be why you didn't get a response, I would imagine, so sorry about that. Unfortunately I've never used the support forms, and I'm not exactly sure what the procedure is in that case. I believe after you fill out the forms, you are issued a ticket number. That might be automated, though I'm not 100% certain on that. When you filled out the form were you issued a ticket number, or was there no automated response either? And if you did get a ticket number what was the date on it, please. I'll ask that, then once I get your answer I can contact tashi and ask what way is best to proceed, if you would like to contact technical support again.

I just recently purchased and installed Home Edition and I am also getting Dozens of taskbar / Tray Notifications. I have tried deleting them and they just slowly start up again.

You could ask Spybot support about that, as well, and hopefully their email issues are over.