Thread: How do you get a problem fixed Tech support ignores you

Default How do you get a problem fixed Tech support ignores you

Does anyone in SpyBot Tech Support respond to contact request. I have been trying to get Spybot to turn on a recent purchase of SpyBot Professional痴 Live Protection for over a week now. I知 told I知 in violation of my new license because I have multiple copies of SpyBot AntiVirus installed. That is absolute not true. There is a bug in the 2.6 Professional software that I need help with to get this resolved. I知 just being ignored.

I've purged everything according to the FAQ and reinstalled three times with no success !!!

Hello gskempe,

Did you open a support ticket, if so what is the date on it please.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default A ticket was opened

Ticket#2018010780000196

Hello gskempe,

Ticket numbers don't go through the forums but I can use it if I need to contact support.

What was the date on the ticket please.

Best regards.

Default Date is embedded in he Ticket #

Hi Tashi,

I appreciate your efforts to help, but I'm not sure what you can do. Maybe you could give me a little info about how the support team works or doesn't, whatever the case may be. FYI the date is embedded in the the ticket number 2018 01 07. Although I am not a perfect person, my creed is 'NEVER LIE to yourself or anyone else and always practice the GOLDEN RULE'. I have a web present with a lot of customers that might vouch for my character. When I say that I am not violating the license it would be against my nature to lie about this. Born 9-11-1946 i have been around long enough to know what is ethical and what is not. Additionally, don't be fooled by my age and it potentially causing a failing memory and not knowing anything about computers. I still design both computer hardware and write software, I believe i'm far from being computer illiterate. I believe there is a bug in the software and the support team knows about it, but does not have a fix. Could be wrong, --- but after several attempts at contact and using the ticket number for a reference it hard to come up with an alternative reason why they refuse to contact me other than acknowledging my contact efforts with the ticket number.

Respectfully,

Steve

Hi gskempe,

Thank you for providing the date, I have given support a link to this topic along with your ticket number.

Best regards.

And thank you Tashi. Respectfully, Steve

Glad to help.

Default No 'Live Protection'

I have no Live Protection and that is not a good thing. Everything else I tested works fine. I have purchased the Professional version of Spybot. I would like my money back after all this time but SpyBot will just not return a response. Tech Support did reply after your intervention and simply said they are having email problems, they acknowledge the bug, and said wait. That response only came through the ticket response process because you intervened to help out.

It is my suspicion that SpyBot has lost a key player or players in their organization and no longer have the capability to support their product. It looks like their way of handling this problem is to ignore it and hope people will just go away. This is not a good business model and they should be suspending sales until they can get back on track. However it looks like money rules and that is the end of the story.

Hello gskempe,

Did support get back to you?

Best regards, tashi