Thread: Multiple known Safe Websites won't open Now?

Default Multiple known Safe Websites won't open Now?

I have used all my web browser on my PC from Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome to Opera.

Now when I try to open multiple known Safe Websites that I have opened up just fine with no problems before.

Now none of them will open anymore

When I click on any of these websites using all my web browsers, The following Error Message pops up:

"This site is not secure" or something along that depending on which browser I try

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Let's do a little bit of experimenting here

Temporarily disable your security?

~~~
    Since you cannot connect to any site, I guess all tools will have to be downloaded from a known clean machine and transferred over using a USB.

By chance, you think if you could download Firefox it would work?
    https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
    ~~~

AdwCleaner
    • Download AdwCleaner and move it to your Desktop
    • Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users)
    • Accept the EULA (I accept), then click on Scan
    • Let the scan complete. Once it's done, make sure that every item listed in the different tabs is checked and click on the Clean button. This will kill all active processes
    • Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner will ask to restart your computer, do it
    • After the restart, a log will open when logging in. Please copy/paste the content of that log in your next reply

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    RogueKiller
    • Download the right version of RogueKiller for your Windows version (32 or 64-bit)
    • Once done, move the executable file to your Desktop, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users)
    • Click on the Start Scan button in the right panel, which will bring you to another tab, and click on it again (this time it'll be in the bottom right corner)
    • Wait for the scan to complete
    • On completion, the results will be displayed
    • Check every single entry (threat found), and click on the Remove Selected button
    • On completion, the results will be displayed. Click on the Open Report button in the bottom left corner, followed by the Open TXT button (also in the bottom left corner)
    • This will open the report in Notepad. Copy/paste its content in your next reply

created by Aura
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please download the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware setup file to your Desktop.

OR from this location Here

• Open mbam-setup.x.x.xxxx.exe (x represents the version #) and follow the prompts to install the programme.
    • Windows Vista, Windows 7 , 8, 8.1 and 10 : Right click and select "Run as Administrator"

• After the installation IS complete let it update if it asks.
    • Under SETTINGS.....APPLICATIONS leave everything at default
    • Under SETTINGS.....PROTECTION make sure AUTOMATIC QUARANTINE is on.
    • Then go to the Dashboard and click on SCAN NOW
      then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan
    • If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so
    • Click on Export Summary after the deletion (in the bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard.
    • Paste the content in your next reply
    • Then come back to this thread and and under REPLY TO THIS TOPIC, right click in the reply and select Paste
    • Exit Malwarebytes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Please post
    AdwCleaner log
    Rogue Killer log
    Malwarebytes log
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Due to lack of feedback this topic is closed.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.