Thread: Scan shows internet explorer history and cache

Default Scan shows internet explorer history and cache

Hi,

I use SpyBot Search & Destroy free edition and when I run a scan and finishes it shows history and cache for Internet Explorer and Firefox, but I only use Firefox, is there a reason why this happens?

Thanks.

I'm not sure on that. Could it be from another user on a different account using Internet Explorer? It should show their account name beside history or cache if that might be the case.

I'm the only person who uses the computer so it's confusing, I can't understand it, I never use Internet Explorer at all.

I never use Internet Explorer either, only Firefox, and occasionally Edge. I just did a tracks scan, and there was history and cache for my internet explorer from my account. I opened Internet Explorer and there was some history listed there. It wasn't things I had opened in Internet Explorer, but it was documents I had viewed, such as .odt files from Open Office and some text files, such as Spybot's checks logfile and such. I'm not sure if Spybot might be finding similar things from your Internet Explorer or not. You could open Internet Explorer and view the history and see what's listed there, maybe it is something similar.
    Also in Spybot 2.6 there should be a number in brackets listed beside Internet Explorer cache and history. I would presume that is showing the amount of history items and cache that was found during a scan. That's all just speculation on my part, so you could open a support ticket and ask Spybot support about it so you can know for certain.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/ticket/

Thanks Zenobia, I did what you suggested and opened Internet Explorer and found exactly what you did, Open Office files, etc, which is strange but I guess answers my question as to why Internet Explorer history and cache shows results after a scan.

I appreciate your help.

You're welcome.