Thread: In over my head

Default In over my head

I have used SPYBOT 2004-present. All I have ever done is monthly or when I think about it click the SYSTEM SCAN and leave it alone for a few hours....but not now...and I think is has to do with windows 10.

I thought the quick like a dinosaur response time was a result of too much data stored on this little computer but the other day I got this warning
    warning screen shot.jpg

and then ....looks like two programs are running - they both say active - but the security center only shows defender with no way to turn it off and spybot on.

I am beyond frustrated...intermittent checks to task manger show system usage at 99% on hundreds of background applications running.

I don't want to start doing things I don't understand in a blind attempt to "fix" what I don't even know is broke.

sys security.jpg

I apologise if I am posting incorrectly - but I am more confused than ever after reading these thresad for the past few hours. Any assistance or guided direction is greatly appreciated!!

Hello 1geotif,

Quote Originally Posted by 1geotif View Post

I thought the quick like a dinosaur response time was a result of too much data stored on this little computer but the other day I got this warning
    warning screen shot.jpg
    That message is not from Google or Microsoft, it is a Windows support scam.

Someone should take a look at the system, to begin that process please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016