Thread: Scan will not correct detected threats.

Default Scan will not correct detected threats.

About 16 hours ago I ran a signature update and then a scan for usage tracks and the system came up with 19 threats. When I clicked on the " Fix " option, the screen went opaque, the cursor just kept rotating, and the message at the top left of the screen was " Search and Destroy 2.6 Administrator Privileges ( Not Responding ) ".

I closed the window, repeated the scan but nothing was detected. I ran a full scan, still nothing detected. Then logged off the session.

About an hour ago, I ran a scan for usage tracks, the system came up with 16 threats, soon as I clicked on " Fix " , the same thing happened, the screen went opaque, the cursor just kept rotating, and the message at the top left of the screen was " Search and Destroy 2.6 Administrator Privileges ( Not Responding ) ".

I just ran a usage track scan again but no threats were detected.

Any suggestions / information greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There was a newer Spybot released a few days ago. No guarantees, but perhaps it might not hang on fixing the usage tracks, if you would like to download it to check it out and also have one of the operating systems that is listed:
    We recommend this upgrade to all our users on the following operating systems:

• Windows 7 (32/64bit)
    • Windows 8/8.1 (32/64bit)
    • Windows 10 (32/64bit)
    • Windows PE 3.0 and higher (32/64bit)
    https://www.safer-networking.org/2018/here-comes-2-7/

If you do decide to download it, it should offer to uninstall the older version for you before you install it. Let me know if you do decide to download it, and if you do, how the scan went.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    There was a newer Spybot released a few days ago. No guarantees, but perhaps it might not hang on fixing the usage tracks, if you would like to download it to check it out and also have one of the operating systems that is listed:

https://www.safer-networking.org/2018/here-comes-2-7/

If you do decide to download it, it should offer to uninstall the older version for you before you install it. Let me know if you do decide to download it, and if you do, how the scan went.
    Many thanks Zenobia for your reply.The problem seems to have disappeared; yesterday I noted all the threats that kept showing up in the scan, deleted and blocked all the cookies I could find in the Chrome settings and ran a user track scan a couple of times and it eventually fixed the threats.

I just ran a scan about an hour ago and 5 of those threats showed up again and again they were fixed. The threats seem to keep the same rule numbers.

I have all Spybot browser profiles set to reject third party cookies; also I have Adblock and Adblock-Plus, Ghostery and UltraBlock to block ads and cookies.

I might try and install the new version when I'm around somebody with some IT skills ( I have none ! ) and I will let you know the result.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards,

kiwi

You're very welcome. I'm glad the problem disappeared. Please post back if Spybot hangs on fixing the usage tracks again, or if some usage tracks keep reappearing. The usage tracks will return as you use your computer, but generally they should not return if you do another scan immediately.

You sound like you are knowledgeable about usage tracks and the usage tracks scan, but I'll post the link to the video in case there might be anything you'd like to see about the scan and/or usage tracks:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/201...ideo-tutorial/

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    You're very welcome. I'm glad the problem disappeared. Please post back if Spybot hangs on fixing the usage tracks again, or if some usage tracks keep reappearing. The usage tracks will return as you use your computer, but generally they should not return if you do another scan immediately.

You sound like you are knowledgeable about usage tracks and the usage tracks scan, but I'll post the link to the video in case there might be anything you'd like to see about the scan and/or usage tracks:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/201...ideo-tutorial/
    Many thanks for your reply, and especially for the video link. I must admit I knew nothing about usage tracks; I just used to run the scan while I was using the computer and then a full scan when I was away. I need to spend some time and go through all the video tutorials.

Thanks for your information.

Regards,

kiwi

You're welcome.