Thread: Can you tell me what this means?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Can you tell me what this means?

I don't think this is a virus, but it keeps popping up. I did read that it may be a spybot issue and did try to follow the direction for correcting the issue; however, it keeps coming up anyways. Can you tell me what this is?error message.png

BTW. I have SpyBot Professional.

This website has an explanation of runtime errors, just for general info on what they are:
    https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/r/runtimee.htm

I searched online for runtime error 217 and couldn't find out what that error in itself means, so you might like to contact Spybot support and ask them about it, and if it's possibly Spybot related. Giving them any info about the error you can would probably be helpful, such as when does the error usually occur(i.e. it happens at system startup, or when you start Spybot, etc.) Also any info about when the error started occuring, for example if it started occurring after you installed Spybot, or if/when you made any changes to the computer. I did search the forum and found a few people with runtime error 217 but I didn't find any possible solutions posted. Here is the link to technical support. If you have Spybot Professional you'd want to click the 'I have a license' button.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/technical/

Thank you. I just sent a message to them.

You're welcome.