Thread: Sudden Immunization & Internet Access Problems

Default Sudden Immunization & Internet Access Problems

I have the paid version of Spybot +AV along with the Beacon program. Everything was working fine until about a week ago.

Suddenly I had limited internet access. My OneDrive wouldn't sign in, I know the optional blocking which I fixed awhile ago, Chrome failing to connect to the internet. But I could use Facebook Messenger App and Outlook. Also some cheap windows store games stopped working because they couldn't access the internet.

What I have to do is undo Immunization on Spybot and remove all from Beacon. Then I have to restart. Which at that point I have full access again to my internet. But a single reboot again will redo all the immunizations in Spybot and Beacon. Which requires me to redo the same process and restart again. This gets crazy with Win10 because it seems to fail a patch install and it's restarting every night.

Anyone know what might be happening? Besides me having to uninstall all Spybot apps?

Thanks!

For antibeacon, or at least the 1.6 version, when that's being setup there is an option to choose to Refresh immunization after every system restart, so that should explain how it's immunizatons are coming back after every reboot. I don't know of any way to change that within antibeacon. I do see that there is a task set in task scheduler for antibeacon. Perhaps there is a task set to refresh immunization in antibeacon at every startup, though I'm unsure on that. You could type Task Scheduler in the Cortana search bar, open task scheduler, then click task scheduler library, then click safer networking, then click Spybot Anti-Beacon. If there is a task for immunization at startup, you might be able to click End Task, then disable it for the time being. Hopefully that task should be there.

As for Spybot immunization refreshing on every startup....I'm not sure why that is happening. There is a refresh immunization task in task scheduler, but I believe it only refreshes Immunization on Wednesday of every week by default. So why your Spybot immunization returns on startup I'm not sure of. You could look at that task in task scheduler if you like, and see if your task might be set up differently. It's under task scheduler, Spybot Search & Destroy, Refresh Immunization.
    I think that's the only thing that makes spybot immunization return on startup, though I have a bit of flu right now, and might not be remembering something.

I believe the best option for you is to contact Spybot support, as they would have the best resources to be able to reproduce any bugs with any immunization and some of your programs internet access. The form to fill out is here:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ket/paid-user/
    Good luck.

I see the task in the scheduler. It stopped doing it all of a sudden. Which is strange. Could have been due to other things outside of Spybot. But still some games are unable to connect to their servers. Probably the microsoft ones have something to do with Beacon. But it's not critical. They are just time wasting games.

My system at least seems stable at this point.

The other issue that might be connected is the Win10 update not taking and it keeps causing a restart at night trying to apply it but it never does. I get past one update and everything is fine until the next month and it screws everything up again.

I see that there is a newer Spybot Anti-Beacon that was released on May 29th, and it says on the page that it supports the Windows 10 April 2018 update. Perhaps you might like to give the newer version a try. If you do decide to try the newer version, you might want to unimmunize the older one completely just to start anew with things, then uninstall it. If you currently have Windows 10, you can type in add or remove programs in the "Type here to search" bar, click it then uninstall Spybot Anti-Beacon from there.

The newer Spybot Anti-beacon is available from here:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/201...ti-beacon-2-1/
    When installing this version also has the option to refresh immunization at every startup. It's up to you if you'd like to choose that option or not. If you would like to choose that option, then if you experienced any problems with your internet as you did before then you could easily temporarily disable the task for troubleshooting purposes, so that shouldn't be a problem.
    There's a video up with instructions etc. on Anti-Beacon. This video was for the beta version, but the instructions, etc. are all pretty much the same and are useful for this newer Anti-Beacon version:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4-F-iKp_ig&t=

So, is the update that keeps failing the April 2018 Windows 10 update? When it does fail, are you shown any errors or anything like that?