Thread: Live Protection won't install

Default Live Protection won't install

Just updated my subscription and got a second one for my other pc. After installing Spybot on second pc, live protection won't turn on. In settings-Live Protection-advanced controls I click "Install Live protection" and it throws up this error, "The live protection driver could not be installed." New PC laptop running windows 10 Home.

Also, anti beacon notification says, "your license is broken, please reinstall it!" I don't understand what that is or how to reinstall it.

Please see this quote from the Spybot FAQ:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/spybot-2-faq/
    How to enable Live Protection?

To enable Live Protection:

• Open Spybot by right-clicking on the Spybot icon and choosing the option to Run as Administrator.
    • Click on Show details in the bottom right corner of the Start Center.
    • Click on the Live Protection status in the Start Center. This will open up the Live Protection Settings.
    • If you see Live Protection is not installed, click on Show Live Protection advanced controls and click on Install Live Protection.
    • If you receive an error message saying "Live Protection System Driver could not be installed", you will have to restart your PC in order to re-attempt the installation.
    • Once you have restarted your machine, please open Spybot.
    • You should see a dialog asking you whether or not to install Live Protection, here click Yes.
    • If you do not see this dialog, go back into the Live Protection settings by pressing on the Live Protection status in the Start Center.
    • Click on Activate Live Protection. Live Protection should now be fully enabled.
    You can see a screenshot by clicking this link:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/wp-...otection-2.png

For anti-beacon, please see this thread:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...-License-issue

Question Offered solution does not work

Ths steps given do not work for me on Windows 10 Home edition.
    What other solutions do you have?
    Thanks.

Default I have the same problem!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexaSD View Post
    Just updated my subscription and got a second one for my other pc. After installing Spybot on second pc, live protection won't turn on. In settings-Live Protection-advanced controls I click "Install Live protection" and it throws up this error, "The live protection driver could not be installed." New PC laptop running windows 10 Home.
    I searched for help, all I got was an offer for a refund, I really trust and like Spybot products, this saddened me. So I am keeping the free copy which has no Live Protection, but I'd do a lot to get that Protection to work. I'm going to figure it out somehow. Any ideas, I have Windows 10, on a seven year old Toshiba. Not my fav but it's the one that's working! lol

Appreciate any thoughts... thank you.:rockon:

Hello MJG229,

Please see this page in another thread: https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...ver-fail/page3

Hope that helps.

Best regards, tashi
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016