Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spybot "Not Responding" when trying to Fix Selected after a system scan

Default Same problem with Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by wheezy2 View Post
    Same issue. Bizarre. When it scans and I hit Fix Selected it shows as not responding. Then I have to rescan. There doesn't seem to be a fix yet.
    Same problem with Windows 10 Pro. No "safe mode option" that I am aware of. I also run Zone Alarm Firewall and Antivirus and disabling that does NOT make any difference.
    I have been using Spybot without issues for years. Even bought a license once many years ago. It wasn't until Windows 10 and the new version of Spybot that I had experienced any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 24_Ford_GPW View Post
    Same problem with Windows 10 Pro. No "safe mode option" that I am aware of. I also run Zone Alarm Firewall and Antivirus and disabling that does NOT make any difference.
    I have been using Spybot without issues for years. Even bought a license once many years ago. It wasn't until Windows 10 and the new version of Spybot that I had experienced any issues.
    Same problem for me on Win7 Ultimate. Killing S&D after it hangs then running another scan yields far fewer reported items and then 'Fix Selected' quickly fixes them all.

Same issue here on newest Spybot version, Windows 10

Spybot froze when I clicked "Fix Selected" on spybot.png with 58 results.

Ran it a second time (Spybot2.png) which only had 6 results, and Fixed right away.

spybot.PNG Spybot2.PNG

Default Fix Selected

Exactly same problem. Have had it for months. Developer doesn't know why?

Default Fix Selected

I have had the same issue since I downloaded the program months ago. I hit "fix selected" and nothing happens. I hit it again and the program goes into "not responding." So I don't know if the issues are being fixed or not. I am a bit surprised that the developer of the program hasn't been able to repair that irregularity.

Default Workaround

This problem of Spybot hanging when try to "Fix Selected" started in last 1-2 updates. All you need to do is instead of fixing "all" at once is to fix maybe 10-15 at a time. Just work down the detected entries in small groups and you will find that you are able to fix all the detected problems and Spybot won't hang.

Default Interesting

So that's kind of unacceptable fix your leak ... My old win 7 install of the free version TORE through a fat list
    now on win 10 it pukes ?? seriously ?? !! I was considering purchasing the Pro version but yo really ??

Quote Originally Posted by Smuzoen View Post
    This problem of Spybot hanging when try to "Fix Selected" started in last 1-2 updates. All you need to do is instead of fixing "all" at once is to fix maybe 10-15 at a time. Just work down the detected entries in small groups and you will find that you are able to fix all the detected problems and Spybot won't hang.
    I have had the same issue since I downloaded the program months ago. I hit "fix selected" and nothing happens.

I have been using Spybot without issues for years. Even bought a license once many years ago. It wasn't until Windows roblox auto clicker 10 and the new version of Spybot that I had experienced any issues.
    I also run Zone Alarm Firewall and Antivirus and disabling that does NOT make any difference.
    I have been using Spybot without issues for years. Even bought a license once many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianProgrammer View Post
    So that's kind of unacceptable fix your leak ... My old win 7 install of the free version TORE through a fat list
    now on win 10 it pukes ?? seriously ?? !! I was considering purchasing the Pro version but yo really ??
    I have the same problem with SPYBOT. No, I do not want to run in Safe Mode. No, I do not want to fix only a few items at a time.
    I'm frankly amazed that SPYBOT has not fixed their software problem. Or have they?