Thread: Hello, I just found out a free anti-ransomware

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Hello, I just found out a free anti-ransomware

As I had lost many of my folders content a while ago, and had to re-install Windows OEM, I was thinking about buying an anti-ransomware, but no bad intentions :/ credit card didn't work because I spent too much, LOL. And as it didn't unblock itself for the website (maybe another time), I went looking for a free anti-ransomware, I already tested B. one but it said it doesn't protect from all anti-ransomware unless you buy the antivirus, so I found out, just luck in Bing, RansomFree by Cybereason. I hope it does what it says, it says it's free forever and seems like it's not an anti-virus (neither a Firewall, Firewalls can block my printer or cause tons of errors while installing softwares, so they aren't useful for normal computer use), and it says it won't talk about no free trial. Hope it's compatible with you =) I'm less worried on working in my computer with that on. Seems also that Windows Defender has an anti-ransomware free on click, but only available if I'm not using an antivirus. Witch I am. But I hope that will fix all my future worries and will protect my computer.
    I often restart Windows in the options, it's more because I can at the moment buy some programs I'm interested, so I test everything, and uninstall often blocks, I can also reset it if I feel there is a virus in it, right now I'm clean and I'm still going to whitelist again =). I was wondering about the PRO version, since from time to time, I can afford it, no job yet, but I have some pocket money at 36yo, and I'm self-business that had never started anything, but that exists on the web officially and that did wrote what she wanted as what I am supposed to be... aka to dream I am, but problem is what if I re-install Windows OEM or if one day I change my computer as my laptop is far more then 5years, but I think it can still live 5 more years, and it seems it doesn't include re-installation of Licence ?
    I also bought, but just one Yubikey NEO (USB or WIFI unlock key), Facebook did change again it's security parameters, so I can again connect Facebook to phone without using an APP, as my new smartphone is not compatible with the security APPS needed (or I don't understand them). So it's not useful to buy 2 as I need a 2nd cellphone number, and I don't have that. But it can secure my Password Manager. I'm waiting for it. Some do say it only works 2months, so it gives more trouble then it takes, but all the secure options of my password manager requires to be paid, and that one is free, and easy. Do you think it's an useful security and that it can last ? If it locks me out, I'll try another password manager, but I don't aim doing that, LOL.
    Attached Images Attached Images