Thread: Restoring System Files

Default Restoring System Files

I recently purchased a DreamArcade Replay http://dreamcades.com/ that runs Windows 10 and emulates various video game systems.

For addition security, I downloaded Spybot to it and ran a system scan. It returned about 30 'threats' and 'fixed' them. Subsequently, the Dream Arcade Menu encounters an error everytime I try to load it. The details of the error read: Dream Arcade Menu unhandled exception: Queue empty. It also lists several error locations like: System.Windows.Threading... MS.Win32.hwnd... Systems.Windows.Forms.Application...

The device Was setup by Dream Arcades to run their custom software. I only started getting the error after running a Spybot scan and 'fixing.' I'm guessing that Spybot altered some of the system files and is the reason the Dream Arcade Menu will no longer run.

I've tried the Quarantine option in Spybot and restored the changes it had made, but I'm still getting the error for the Dream Arcade Menu. Is there a way to restore the original state of my system files with Spybot? I do not have a Windows System Restore point available.

I used Spybot 2.7

Hello. Could you please open a support ticket with Spybot technical support about this? Thanks.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/ticket/

You might also like to send them your checks.logfile when you open a ticket. To access that rightclick Spybot Start Center and select Run as Administrator, hit show details in the lower right corner, then click System Scan, click Show Previous logs, then scroll through and find the checks.logfile with the date of when you ran the scan when the error showed up afterwards appended in the name. Example: Checks.180719-2057.txt would be my checks.logfile from July 19, 2018 (180719). If you open the logfile, you could then click file, Save As, then over to the left save it somewhere convenient, like your desktop (assuming you are able to go past the dreamcade replay menu to the desktop.) When you fill out the form, there should also be an option to attach a file, you could then attach your checks.logfile for them, along with your description of what's happening in the form.