Thread: Spybot not updating

Default Spybot not updating

All i'm getting is Checking for antispyware updates, Checking for antivirus updates. no movement on the progress bar. i've stopped avg, malwarebytes.

Could you follow this to open your Updates logfile, then copy and paste that logfile here so I can look at it? Thanks.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...g-in-spybot-2/

Default Spybot not updating

I had the same issue with Avast Internet Security, the firewall was preventing it from updating on an old Windows XP machine.

First, I went into system services and stopped all Spybot services. Then I went into the Avast firewall settings and completely
    removed all references of Spybot from the firewall. Then I had to totally uninstall Spybot (ver 2.4) and re-install it.

Works FINE now! Hope this helps.

Default Finally got Spybot to update its self

Hi folks,
    Have used SpyBot for many years, for past few years its been protecting my paid for Win 7 64 bit program...windows updates are shut down as I've been struggling to stop gates from forcing upgrade operating system...biggest scam the world has ever seen.
    Downside Gates and Google are constantly trying to kill computer, in addition to all the other computer infections that are constantly attacking our computers.
    I paid good money for MS Office 2000 Premium office suit, which is the most comprehensive office suit microsoft ever released.
    I value the ability to lodge documents, scan, print with a computer. A computer in part protected by a paid version 2.4.40.130 of valued SpyBot program.
    MS Office suit is patched with Sp1, Sp2, Sp3 and Sp4 protection, and Win7 runs it in the 2000 mode that MS Office 2000 Premium was made to run in.

However today is the very first day Spybot actually updated its self, no mean feat...In the past I've repeatedly searched spybot forums. However this forum wouldn't accept my password login because the password was 1632 days old. Been searching for a while however i caution anything taken from this post be at your own risk.

Google been putting out updates expiring security certificates to such an extent recently I couldn't access eBay product details, never lone access gmail in a Chrome Browser because as best as i can tell google was running updates within FireFox Nightly browser that blocked eBay running v something certificates, found google updates resident inside FireFox Nightly so have uninstalled Nightly as it is using google anti malware engine, very sad.

Had already uninstalled google earth, and what used to be valued my chrome browser the yesterday not only Nightly but have now stopped using Google home page as default. DuckDuckGo... Think google has unleashed a war enforcing sites must use address https:// story and promoting win10.
    I am trying to say I've tried a few things, most recent as yesterday after having updated the program to the newest version of Spybot that stopped web protection because it failed all together.
    So rolled back using backup image whole computer, got to back to recent SpyBot version 2.4.40.130.
    Then ran removal tools for EX antivirus programs, a search online hinted completely disable in Win settings, Defender I did, then ran clean tools for ex Comodo and Webroot programs i choose to uninstall over past year or so, latter bit more recent.
    Also ran Little Registry Cleaner and Ccleaner. I also have alongside paid version of SpyBot, paid Malwarebytes and paid SuperAntiSpyware program as well as MailWasher.

Quote Originally Posted by robplum View Post
    Hi folks,
    Have used SpyBot for many years, for past few years its been protecting my paid for Win 7 64 bit program...windows updates are shut down as I've been struggling to stop gates from forcing upgrade operating system...biggest scam the world has ever seen.
    Downside Gates and Google are constantly trying to kill computer, in addition to all the other computer infections that are constantly attacking our computers.
    I paid good money for MS Office 2000 Premium office suit, which is the most comprehensive office suit microsoft ever released.
    I value the ability to lodge documents, scan, print with a computer. A computer in part protected by a paid version 2.4.40.130 of valued SpyBot program.
    MS Office suit is patched with Sp1, Sp2, Sp3 and Sp4 protection, and Win7 runs it in the 2000 mode that MS Office 2000 Premium was made to run in.

However today is the very first day Spybot actually updated its self, no mean feat...In the past I've repeatedly searched spybot forums. However this forum wouldn't accept my password login because the password was 1632 days old. Been searching for a while however i caution anything taken from this post be at your own risk.

Google been putting out updates expiring security certificates to such an extent recently I couldn't access eBay product details, never lone access gmail in a Chrome Browser because as best as i can tell google was running updates within FireFox Nightly browser that blocked eBay running v something certificates, found google updates resident inside FireFox Nightly so have uninstalled Nightly as it is using google anti malware engine, very sad.

Had already uninstalled google earth, and what used to be valued my chrome browser the yesterday not only Nightly but have now stopped using Google home page as default. DuckDuckGo... Think google has unleashed a war enforcing sites must use address https:// story and promoting win10.
    I am trying to say I've tried a few things, most recent as yesterday after having updated the program to the newest version of Spybot that stopped web protection because it failed all together.
    So rolled back using backup image whole computer, got to back to recent SpyBot version 2.4.40.130.
    Then ran removal tools for EX antivirus programs, a search online hinted completely disable in Win settings, Defender I did, then ran clean tools for ex Comodo and Webroot programs i choose to uninstall over past year or so, latter bit more recent.
    Also ran Little Registry Cleaner and Ccleaner. I also have alongside paid version of SpyBot, paid Malwarebytes and paid SuperAntiSpyware program as well as MailWasher.
    Error it now appears Spybot is not automatically updating sorry folks only seys it is and i actually thought it was but its not

Spybot isn't updating automatically, are you able to update it manually?