Thread: Scan progress stalls on Win32.Downloader.dequ

Default Scan progress stalls on Win32.Downloader.dequ

I updated to the latest version (2.7) after deleting my older Spybot version (2.4 I think) because after installing 2.7 the program reported a missing file and said to delete the older version using Windows program manager deletion method. I deleted the older version and downloaded and installed 2.7. Even then 2.7 reported that the file SDWSCSvc.exe was missing. I was able to get the program to run successfully after manually downloading and installing SDWSCSvc.exe from the Spotbot manual download section. I next downloaded all the latest signatures.

The Spybot start center reported my system had never been scanned, which is course true because this was a completely new installation (not a program update). I started a new scan. At about 7 minutes the program progress stalled while scanning Win32.Downloader.dequ. I let the program continue to try, but I shut it down at the 39 minute mark.

How do get the program to finish its initial scan/get past Win32.Downloader.dequ.

Thanks.

Two other people posted and said their scan stopped when Spybot was scanning for Win32.Downloader.dequ a couple months ago:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...-when-scanning

You could try excluding Win32.Downloader.dequ from the Spybot scan temporarily, and see if the scan will progress past it:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...-the-search-2/
    If that doesn't work, please post back.

Default Same problem

I have exactly the same problem with Spybot 2.7 Home Edition. Excluding Win32.Downloader.dequ from the scan does not solve the problem, because the scan does not exclude it.

Hello,

The support team will be notified about this thread.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016