Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Laptop at times almost frozen

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

I don't use Facebook so this will probably look like a stupid answer but, if your going to your Facebook page why would you want to add anything in?
    Wouldn't that add more into just your space?

People should be very careful what they post and share on Facebook like any other social media outlet. It's in the news very often that personal accounts have been hacked or changed, passwords changed so, theres warning #1

Does Facebook have a question and answers page?
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

You don't use Facebook?!!! I thought it was REQUIRED! Kidding, I often wish I'd never started...

When I log onto Facebook, it opens displaying a page virtually filled with advertisements, and the "site information" that appears in the "address" space at the top pf the page reads: https://www.facebook.com/shopify

I usually navigate away from there immediately by clicking on an icon that takes me to Notifications, which is where Facebookers go to "talk' to each other (and maybe when they die). As soon as one does that, the "/shopify" part disappears...unless unless you click on your own name.

If you click on your own name, you're taken to your own "Timeline" (sometimes referred to as your "wall"), and in the address space appears a "/" followed by your full Facebook name.

In short, I'm not sure which of these versions constitutes the URL of the site where I suspect the pesky script starts running in the background and slowing everything else to a crawl. Sorry to get so long-winded, but since you don't use FB I assumed that might make my question clearer.

I'll look for a Q&A page.

I looked for a Q&A page but only found FAQ and none of them seemed related to URLs.

I did come across a warning not to post email addresses, etc, so I went back and noticed that the URL I had posted as an example is highlighted, so I clicked on it. Lo and behold...it took me into my FB account with no logon required. How do I get THAT removed?

Maybe a false alarm. I closed Facebook and tried clicking on the example URL again. This time it did take me into Facebook and Shopify, but not into my personal FB account.

Google this ==> Delete Facebook's Shopify Store App

I did come across a warning not to post email addresses, etc, so I went back and noticed that the URL I had posted as an example is highlighted, so I clicked on it. Lo and behold...it took me into my FB account with no logon required. How do I get THAT removed?
    I don't use Facebook and got no clue!
    Can you ask users on Facebook or Facebook support?
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

bump......

Glad we could help.
    Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.