Thread: Is live protection really on?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is live protection really on?

Hello everyone!
    I notice a message in my windows action center that says spybot is not on. I clicked it to start it and it attempts to but never come on. I checked with the spybot start center and it says live protection is on and enabled. However, every time i open something, i used to get a spybot scan bar in the bottom right, now i do not. Sometimes, before this problem started, i had to start live protection and a dialog box would come up and it would start. I dont know why it would just stop working.

Anyone have this problem or any suggestions?
    Thanks

Hello.
    Try rightclicking the Spybot Start Center and selecting Run as Administrator. Click the live protection status in the start center to open Live Protection settings. Is there a checkmark beside Scan all programs before they start?

Default same issue

I have this same issue. I get this every time I startup the tablet. (SurfacePro Win10)
    I've check the status as suggested above and, yes, the checkbox is ticked.
    Does this mean I should ignore the pop-up and the defender security box that says that SpyBot protection is off?
    (As above, if you try to switch SpyBotS&D on is does nothing.)

No, don't ignore the defender security box or the popup.
    Please reopen Live Protection. Does it say anything above the Scan all programs before they start checkbox? Does it say "Live Protection is installed, running, but not active!"?

it says its active.
    since I posted this the pop-up only appears occasionally. its very glitchy and seems like defender is a bit confused.
    next time it happens I'll check the live status before doing anything else to see what it says.
    (btw, I've never seen a scan bar that was mentioned mentioned in the original post!)

I believe it's a bit unusual for you not to have seen the Spybot scan bar associated with Live Protection at the bottom right of your screen. Usually if a process starts, etc. you'd probably see that scan bar, and as far as I am aware that is still part of Spybot's Live Protection. Therefore, you might like to contact Spybot support. There is a contact form here.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/#contactform