Thread: Cant get virus updates or scan my system

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Cant get virus updates or scan my system

I just purchased spybot professional edition for my laptop. I use a metered internet connection. I get 1 gig of data from my cell phone provider each month. Additional data cost me $20.00 each gig.. That is very expensive for me, so I have limited internet use on my personal laptop. Therefore, I have to limit my use and use a computer lab--like I am now--provided by my landlord (this is not safe for certain uses, ie. sending personal data like credit cards, for example, over the net.) I am having trouble updating the anti-virus. I also am not able to do a system scan. When I click on the system scan button the program takes me to an update window, but for some reason I am unable to successfully update. How do I fix this, and how do I scan my computer for viruses, malware & spyware? Thank you for your time in this matter, and have a great day!

Greg

P.S. I have a lot of experience with spybot search and destroy, but the last time I used it was 4 years ago. I notice that there are a lot of changes to the program. I was an advanced user at that time, but now I am having a difficult time figuring the program out.
    Last edited by mollethannon; 2018-11-02 at 02:11. Reason: spelling