Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Activation issue on Windows 10 Home OEM + Windows Store suggestion

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

What might be going on is problems with your security programs.
    Cybereason\RansomFree
    Spybot anti-virus

Windows defender will be disabled with other antivirus features on a computer.

To rule out infection we can run a anti-rootkit scan.

Follow the instructions in the thread below to run a scan with MBAR. Don't forget to update the database before launching the scan, and once launched, leave MBAR running and do not touch your computer until it is done scanning.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topi...-malwarebytes/

Once MBAR is done scanning, removing threats and rebooting your computer, go in its MBAR folder, and copy/paste the content of the mbar-log-TODAYS-DATE.txt log in your next reply.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Hello, there is nothing showing up. I also had done chkdisk from cmd and nothing. I would also like to try run maybe in DVD, maybe in Plop + USB if it works, one of the antivirus that works before loging in the computer, YUMI (UEFI) does list them under Antivirus Tools, although just 3 appears easy in the internet. Should I do this with you ?

In December I will format all and this will fix everything =) I read from user that Windows will fix the permission issues.

But on my opinion (I did not study informatics) this is also related to upgrade from 8.1 to 10, as we see Windows 10 (and they say other OS too) did copy many Linux open source features and ideas, and as system grows more complex, it's like biology, a fresh install will always work better in any OS, else they will have to innovate and invent upgrades that keep a little of past features and add up on the new features that are compatible. But I don't think they will think about creating intermediary OS in informatics, so the upgrade bugs can't be solved nowhere. The upgrade idea is not a good one, it is always better fresh install or someone to create from past OS an intermediary OS, wich don't exist yet or will never exist. And what is bad is that computer creators are not creating them for users to do fresh installs, and they are wrong, some of the blockings I may encounter, may come from hidden features, I don't have the level to see, and that came with BIOS upgrades or whatever I have no idea what that changes the hardware and software possibilities. Informatics and technology speaks about evolution, but they got it all wrong, but I hope they won't do to genetics what they did to human science, changing the ideas for it to fit to them without telling or paying us, and making our thoughts dissapear from Earth. Technology could improve much more faster if they thought of how they are doing, and they don't need erasing other fields to do it better.

Something else, could seem fun, but Windows in the loading first screen did put a penguin on it to mean Windows or Virus knows I will do double boot with a Linux. It had put the same wallpaper at loading screen more then 5 years ago when I did my first double boot in here. Weird. I don't know what to think about this: I am watching you forever and wherever communication signs ? Anyway, it's not only on the computer that I can get those signs, although I don't pay anymore attention to it, but I find it stressing, same for ads that knows what you intend to buy.

I'll answer next time by Friday.

If you want to close issue, also tell me =)

Thanks a lot for all of your pacience and kindness =)

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA 1.10.3.1001
    www.malwarebytes.org

Database version:
    main: v2018.11.26.03
    rootkit: v2018.11.26.03

Windows 10 x64 NTFS
    Internet Explorer 11.407.17134.0
    Françoise :: EARENDIL-LIGHT [administrator]

26/11/2018 15:05:15
    mbar-log-2018-11-26 (15-05-15).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
    Scan options enabled: Anti-Rootkit | Drivers | MBR | Physical Sectors | Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken
    Scan options disabled:
    Objects scanned: 221159
    Time elapsed: 31 minute(s), 18 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

Physical Sectors Detected: 0

(end)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would also like to try run maybe in DVD, maybe in Plop + USB if it works, one of the antivirus that works before loging in the computer, YUMI (UEFI) does list them under Antivirus Tools, although just 3 appears easy in the internet. Should I do this with you ?
    I'm no help with this but I can direct you to a forum with tech people who might be able to give you tips with reformatting
    https://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119

I think their are some who also run Linux as well.

In December I will format all and this will fix everything =) I read from user that Windows will fix the permission issues.

But on my opinion (I did not study informatics) this is also related to upgrade from 8.1 to 10,
    Yes, it can be fixed if it's windows related, myself I have not had to do this.
    Many machines have had problems with the up-grades, some of the updates that went out after the up-grades did damage but there are so many I cannot list it all.

Since there is no malware we should remove tools and quarantine folders,

• Please download DelFix or from Here and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Double-click DelFix.exe to run the programme.
    • Place a checkmark next to the following items:
    • Activate UAC
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Click the Run button.
    • -- This will remove the specialized tools we used to disinfect your system.
      Any leftover logs, files, folders or tools remaining on your Desktop which were not removed can be deleted manually (right-click the file + delete
      ).

Keeping your programs up-to-date

Like keeping Windows updated, keeping your installed programs up-to-date is another important step in having a safe and secure system. Outdated programs can be exploited by hackers and malware to infect a system and take it over. This is especially true today with the rise of Exploit Kits (and also 0-days) which is one of the biggest attack vectors to distribute malware. Therefore, you should always keep vulnerable programs like Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Shockwave Player, Java, Silverlight, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, VLC Media Player, etc. updated to their most recent version (even better, you don't have to install them if you don't use them). Programs like UCheck, ]SUMo and Heimdal Free will scan your system for outdated programs, and help you identify them, as well as update them.

Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, Firewall and Anti-Exploit/Ransomware

Having a decent security setup (which also includes an Anti-Virus) is the most crucial step to protect a system. These programs are a layer of defence that will prevent a system from being infected, or if it somehow ends up infected, help mitigate the infection and remediate it. Ideally, you should have on your system one Antivirus (never more than one installed at the time), one Antimalware (you can install multiple of these, assuming they do not conflict with each other and the other security programs installed), one Firewall and if you wish, one Anti-Exploit and/or Anti-Ransomware (since Ransomware are currently the most dangerous threat around and it can hit anywhere). Here are a few programs worth checking out if you don't have one yet.

Note: The programs listed below are all free to use or they have some sort of trial. Some of them have a paid version that provides more features, while a lot of other good programs only have a paid version but aren't listed there (such as Kaspersky and ESET Antivirus products).

Anti-Virus

Anti-Malware
    • Malwarebytes - Has both a free and paid version. The Premium version of Malwarebytes also offers Exploit and Ransomware protection, for a complete package of: Malware, Web, Exploit and Ransomware protection
    • HitmanPro 3 - Free 30 day trial
    • Zemana AntiMalware - Free 30 day trial

As for safe browsing habits, you can find tons of guides, tutorials, articles, etc. online that will highlight the basics you need to follow (only visit websites you trust, do not click on ads, do not download files from untrusted sources, use a password manager, always verify the URL of a website and make sure it's correctly typed, etc.), and even what you can do if you want to take it a step further (create a fake email address for spam emails, browse the web in a privacy mode, etc.). Here are a few:

As you can see, there are plenty of resources out there. Simply Googling "good browsing habits" or "safe browsing habits" should allow you to find a lot of them.

created by Aura
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Hello, thank you for all your advice.

I just came back (sick) from holidays.

I only did small antivirus check beginning of 13/21 external driver connections with, as I had said, DVD, since neither my USBs neither Plop DVD can't boot, wich is unusual for authentic Acer Aspire E1-530.

Only found 1 valuable virus for you, althoughI didn't check all, it is ReImageRepair.exe, I thought that was an official Microsoft program downloaded from its website, but I don't know :/. Anyway, the virus we won't find out, is something alike an OS or ReImageRepair, or something that comes from hardware, anyway that can block DVD-ROM pilots but also do Corel (fixed itself) and Windows authentication issues, in my opinion, not my level, not in informatics.

I did buy official Windows 10 Home, but I won't install it now, and I might keep my built-in OEM version, if I do a fresh re-install. I did that because I am having high tension, because all that did stress me. There is no reason for a true Acer to have lied to me, and the Authenticate virus has dissapear.

My Ethernet did work back, was D-Link that had a problem. But my Ethernet cable did took some minuts to react as if there was some data stock inside.

I know it's not your advice, but this paid antivirus has a free antivirus rescue, based on Linux Gentoo. Open RC 0.3.4.11 is starting up Gentoo Linux (x86_64), so it's not Qemu, they just used an open source OS, to propose a free rescue DVD or USB although deleted or quarantine files are lost forever. I don't think the free antivirus is open source, but its' free.

I also did receive my Ubuntu Studio DVD from USA =) Windows has some Linux bash inside, but I'm not interested, as I'm not in it for IA, but for being connected towards nice people.

Upload is blocked, can't add the picture. Corel is still doing normal, non virus, sales pop ups from inside.

Bye, time to sleep, you can close issue =)

Thank you very much, Juliet =) You can close subject =)

Good night and have a good week and year and life =) =) =)

Bye =)

The photo is telling you that the machine finds ReImageRepair.exe as a virus, most malware techs will tell people, that it needs to be removed and you should to.
    I thought ReImageRepair.exe that was an official Microsoft program downloaded from its website,
    No
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...nsive-security
    Windows Defender Antivirus
    Microsoft has Windows Defender, a legitimate antivirus protection plan already built into Windows 10. However, not all antivirus software are the same. Windows 10 users should examine recent comparison studies that show where Defender lacks effectiveness before settling for Microsoft's default antivirus option.

After you reformat your computer let me post helpful tips.

Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, Firewall and Anti-Exploit/Ransomware

Having a decent security setup (which also includes an Anti-Virus) is the most crucial step to protect a system. These programs are a layer of defence that will prevent a system from being infected, or if it somehow ends up infected, help mitigate the infection and remediate it. Ideally, you should have on your system one Antivirus (never more than one installed at the time), one Antimalware (you can install multiple of these, assuming they do not conflict with each other and the other security programs installed), one Firewall and if you wish, one Anti-Exploit and/or Anti-Ransomware (since Ransomware are currently the most dangerous threat around and it can hit anywhere). Here are a few programs worth checking out if you don't have one yet.

Note: The programs listed below are all free to use or they have some sort of trial. Some of them have a paid version that provides more features, while a lot of other good programs only have a paid version but aren't listed there (such as Kaspersky and ESET Antivirus products).

Anti-Virus

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp
    The Best Antivirus Protection of 2018

Hello,

Ok, thank you, I think you will feel less worries if I use instead of mine, BitDefender Anti-ransomware tool free (on 30/11/2018) =) So that I will keep you as Antivirus, Windows also offers that feature, but according to websites, some say it is compatible with other anti-virus, other say it's not at all.

I checked on my bought at my Microsoft Account, no .iso (just appeared once the day I bought), so I suppose all is in the MediaCreationTool1809.exe and features depend on key tapped or recognized, I must have too the built-in key I can't see, but Microsoft can see it in Repair button after skipping key in installation, and I have my bought Windows 10 Home, if Repair fails (not to use if it does weird stuff like the one I had). I suppose language can be changed or installed later, as I put my Windows in English during installation or virus search. Else it goes French, or sometimes I put Brazilian to train my mother language. But I think my built-in key to be valid, and not to need to enter my bought key. So as I read the past COA Windows did came with one explicit DVD, I still have my Windows XP Pro key with DVD, never gave me problems, seems official, but no ISO, so this one is DVD dependent. But the present Windows Home is one DVD for all on the Microsoft website. And I also read the repair must be done from Microsoft's ISO file, so by inserting the install DVD (or USB). And I have issues with other Windows repair softwares. It's PC Repair that did change my Firefox profile, so I'll have to find a way to fix Firefox too as Firefox profiles must come from server (as much as my ReImageRepair that is still *safe* in OneDrive), and there is also some PC Hunter as well (can't find a picture about it :/ ?).

But still it is a security issue to give us the ISO, as in Ubuntu Unetbootin boots and burns OS ISOs from server (as option), so it's safer, and we don't need the ISO, unless we want to virtualize, but virtualisation also works from DVD install.

The only interest of ISOs is of keeping oldies that aren't anymore available on the internet.

Will take lots of time to perform full scan off all the things I have, so I can't do all before new install.

I will continue to upload images from this OS with picture within a picture, as I believe, some will be blocked, some not, no idea if the name is important.

I will have to provide myself more empty DVDs, as if I ever have ransomware, only DVDs can boot in my computer, the USBs have some weird issues, so it can't boot nothing. And Plop is either not for my hardware, either blocked. So this computer laptop is DVD only for OS installation.

I can't handle 2 OS, so probably if it works well, I'll be more on Linux, and maybe just for building my website, on Windows. But as human it is impossible, even when you have time like I do, I don't work, to use 2 OS. And I hope that my home studies will let me succeed in contest to become trainee in children professor job, wasn't my dream as people tell me things about it, but as it's reachable, it became a dream, so I didn't study it at university, but I need to reach it to have a job. And I have my self-business to succeed to, and if I have a job, sure I won't have time for it, but I will have the money to make the very small moves I want with it. And my stuff in my computer is important, as I have too much, tons of papers in my room, so numerisation for only personal kept of the past, and for doing space at home and in my room, makes what I have in my external disk valuable for memories, and I also like taking beautifull pictures, so all is valuable for me. And my self-business will also imply me to take pictures of what I create, although I am re-strating what I created before, but, anyway the how to and the final object to put online in an unique object way is also important to me. But in France laws tend to put and to list self-business that does nothing in the same listings then bigs commercial that earns millions, so hackers can't know.

They even have 2 entries with my name :/ the past one, and the actual one, but it's the same.
    https://www.infogreffe.fr/entreprise...erretour=false

You see no hacker or thief cannot know if I am poor or rich, if I did start and did succeed in selling my stuff, or if I am a huge company * dreams *. But hackers and thief do have access to all data about me, including where I live, and my personal phone. So it's easy to find. So it's normal I receive too much spam and weird calls in my phone. But also true french people with only french origin, have same problem then me, but most don't react, as they only put the phone responder on, and only answer if you start leaving a message in it. But the problem is installing something to block unknown phone calls is not good for you as some can be important, like jobs or things you do in life where they don't give you their phones, so it's impossible to know. Only my mother is not afraid of answering to every phone call she receives, and thinks I am exagerating. And all that will get worse for virus protection whatever OS I may use.

Anyway I did wrote in the RCS all the things I dream of doing, and it's OK =) It's the hand craft Chambre des Métiers, that helped me fill it, no idea if it was paid or free, but as they are rich, I got my name in there for free =) but anyway now even self business must register in there. That is why even if I did got my mail in past - something that has to do with hacked - I must keep it and keep using it. And all my mails are important, as I don't buy same things with each. But one day, when I don't have time, I will have to find a way to receive all mails together, but not sure I want to do this now, I never did want to receive them in my computer.

I also in past did choose to put all information about me public linked to my cell phone, as the internet was starting to set phone numbers not mine with my name and also the opposite, and I wasn't going to pay for these errors, as it was already public as self-business. So there is no way to keep my identity private. Only a child can do it. Only very rich people that owns business can afford to keep identity private. I don't have money every year, neither every month to do this. And self-business stays in the name or true owner. So when people, mostly game players teenagers and adults, tell me only to use fake names on the internet, I must tell them it is impossible, and maybe not even legal for me.

And in the near future everything be law, websites, will be set to be the same for all, I still haven't subscribed it, because I'm not selling nothing, but we'll have the invoices online available for the government in the same website, and I don't know what else, but I'll have to look for information, as I'm not a look for information person, as I didn't include in my genes this feature of everything is in the internet neither the idea of internet as truth, and unfortunately also children professor courses and laws are there, so I'll have to become more connected although I am already too much, but connected to other then tidy up, mail, facebook, installation, updates, upgrades, so I am not at all aware of * important upgrades that gives no notification are on the internet as very long texts or as 1001 boards to click on * be in self-studies for children professor or in self-business. Big business wants whatever dreamer (I'm not even small seller yet) to be listed and to do exactly as them, so they are creating an in-between space in every field where both can evolve, so we'll have the same description sooner or later, everywhere.

I stopped game playing, because maybe it's linked, maybe not, but when you play whatever online game, weird, but virus and hackers do watch you more, and do show you weird things that games don't believe and that you can't report no where. Mostly to make you quit the game. It worked. But now I am considering my real life back. No games =) Was a 2.5 years player, maybe more, but now I am not playing nothing at all, and considering advancing in my life tasks. Tons of computer tasks I wouldn't have if I lived in 1960... But in 2018, I have computer tasks till dead, I do have lots to do for myself in my computer, and most things can't bring me no money, as it is just tidy up =). I'm not expecting to make money out of my self-business neither, just to find a way to exist and show that I have talents outside school. As being in the past, and without intelligence and strategy of life, one of the best students did bring me only being blocked in job search and in upgrading school levels. So I believe it's more what you can do that can bring you some self confidence.

So anyway it's more my private life I am protecting then any business that could eat another one. But that no one knows, and that will be less and less easy to see in future.

I hope I will succeed in becoming a children teacher professor (trainee first), even though no idea if that can bring me stability in future, as I will need to go back to university, to gain the chance of becoming an official teacher, else I'll be a trainee all my life. But no idea if that will be my path, if contest fails, I'll look for any true job that can help me out. Contest is very hard, lots to study. Apart from the contest, I will have my website, and my writings. So tons to make outside tidy up. So no time. And as I prefer to let my computer on dinning room, I can't always use it, and dinning room is also sleeping room, so I can't bother much with it on.

I don't know where PC Repair comes from ? Maybe from a Mozilla Firefox Add-On ?

# DelFix v1.010 - Logfile created 30/11/2018 at 15:21:38
    # Updated 26/04/2015 by Xplode
    # Username : Françoise - EARENDIL-LIGHT
    # Operating System : Windows 10 Home (64 bits)

~ Activating UAC ... OK

~ Removing disinfection tools ...

Deleted : C:\FRST
    Deleted : C:\AdwCleaner
    Deleted : C:\Users\franc\Desktop\mbar
    Deleted : C:\Users\franc\Desktop\RogueKiller_setup.exe
    Deleted : C:\Users\Public\Desktop\RogueKiller.lnk

########## - EOF - ##########

I won't do all the checking all my devices now, too long, too big, too many.

I will only be able to afford a big anti-virus if in life I get a good job, for life, and a salary that can make me live well. Else all will be kept low. Because money comes and go, and sometimes I don't even have 10euros. And parent's won't always feed me their money, even thought I am 36yo. This year I used my mother's economy, but I hope to get all back one day with a future, and I only did invest in worthy things, and I include travelling in worthy things as I only pay the food and as I can't say no to travel with family, and as I need holidays too, so I prefer considering holidays as therapy for my stress. And all I did in gymnastics will also be worthy, not only for health and stress, but even if I'm null at it all, in children professor contest, they will question me about it, but in their way, that no one can imagine, and that has nothing to do with the way professionals of it thinks, so just having an idea of it, and then reading the papers that have to do with the contest, and that have nothing to do with the contents of the gymnastics, is what to do, I just went looking for the feelings, but if you are a better reader then me, and you read all their exercices and laws and question-answers, you don't need to show them nothing to succeed in it. So I'll have tons of printings to do. But no one is concerned with my level in it, just in me having read what they want. The level is for me and for my fun only =)

So I am at the very tiny bottom of a big to do and to read mountain. So I can't loose that much time with OS issues. I'm a small bacteria climbing the Everest on foot, and I must reach it before June, and include all possible time lost needed to be taken and to be lived else as good for the Ethics of helping or of getting better of illness or of being nice with friends and family or of living friends and family normal life, or good for my health and stress. In study life I did lots of sacrifice towards family and friends (just one friend now), but I can't afford no more to say no in giving them my time, as study won't give me ever no recognition back, and as they are the only ones that can love me back. So I must seek the positive things in every new door opened and in every thing that puts my time in something else then my aim, but I must keep my 3 aims of study for children professor contest so to have the right to do trainee first, tidy-up for space, self-business websites future creation. And OS taking care is a hidden aim. And professor contest + self-business needs me to put in my genes, read online with the computer, and that is difficult, as I don't understand the idea of reading whatever online, not my time, very difficult. So there goes 5 aims on this computer.

Tomorrow I shall do my double boot =)

Thank you very much, thank you a lot =) you can close subject =)

Activate Windows virus is back, LOL =)

Do you want me to launch any antivirus on it ? Before I format this computer ?

As it did hide and come back after DelFix =/ =)

I did delete most of the Download folder, it's not there anymore, but there was a file called $mages a imprimer.docx that is no more there and that I had almost deleted, but did choose not as it said my system will work less well if I delete this file system. But I didn't kept the message. And there is no .docx there anymore. I had now put on hidden files. And will keep deleting till I get it as an advert again.