Thread: Activation issue on Windows 10 Home OEM + Windows Store suggestion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Today I got twice Windows Defender Anti-Virus and Spybot are both turned off, second time was too fast, it doesn't stay in notification.

Even if it is a virus, it is also a permission issue, so you can't do nothing about it. In fact I did succeed in installing on Windows 10, HWiNFO (used by Nasa in their adds so shouldn't be deprecated... ^^), at first it worked, the it dissapeared, then I tried installing it with Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10 compatibility, and no compatibility did succeed in having permission to overwrite the program that was not launching (as administrator) anymore. So I couldn't memorize what was my Wifi pilot.

If it is virus, seems like it is interested in me not knowing my pilots, although, I must have tons of them saved, I just wanted to write down the name. The secure boot is said to be disabled in the HWiNFO I had no time to screenshot, but on the other ones it seems to be either a feature, either enabled, I don't know, and it had said UEFI enable in the same board I couldn't save image.

It's Windows that must improve security in permission issues. I think the delete all Images and Documents, maybe also Video and Music folder content back in past did screw that up long time ago, even in installing Windows 10 from inside. Download folder had no issue, as as weird as it is, there are 2 Download folders in my computer, maybe because language was fr, or because of whatever is roaming, so the one I was using had no virus issue.

I was "Françoise" as admin, "franc" by Windows or Virus since long ago, (maybe many) re-install from inside, and now I am "fran" as admin, but the "franc" stayed in the users folder.

I just add you the " log " of this installation issue, although, it is most Windows that it concerns, because I cannot know, because I don't have the level to know, if this could be related to a virus.

Activation virus not back yet, but the day begun well :/

This is funny I can attach screen capture of HWiNFO issue, but not past non important at all, screen capture of the 2 asWMBR issues in blue with the smartphone error code :/ ???

Thanks =)

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

What might be going on is problems with your security programs.
    Cybereason\RansomFree
    Spybot anti-virus

Windows defender will be disabled with other antivirus features on a computer.

To rule out infection we can run a anti-rootkit scan.

Follow the instructions in the thread below to run a scan with MBAR. Don't forget to update the database before launching the scan, and once launched, leave MBAR running and do not touch your computer until it is done scanning.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topi...-malwarebytes/

Once MBAR is done scanning, removing threats and rebooting your computer, go in its MBAR folder, and copy/paste the content of the mbar-log-TODAYS-DATE.txt log in your next reply.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Hello, there is nothing showing up. I also had done chkdisk from cmd and nothing. I would also like to try run maybe in DVD, maybe in Plop + USB if it works, one of the antivirus that works before loging in the computer, YUMI (UEFI) does list them under Antivirus Tools, although just 3 appears easy in the internet. Should I do this with you ?

In December I will format all and this will fix everything =) I read from user that Windows will fix the permission issues.

But on my opinion (I did not study informatics) this is also related to upgrade from 8.1 to 10, as we see Windows 10 (and they say other OS too) did copy many Linux open source features and ideas, and as system grows more complex, it's like biology, a fresh install will always work better in any OS, else they will have to innovate and invent upgrades that keep a little of past features and add up on the new features that are compatible. But I don't think they will think about creating intermediary OS in informatics, so the upgrade bugs can't be solved nowhere. The upgrade idea is not a good one, it is always better fresh install or someone to create from past OS an intermediary OS, wich don't exist yet or will never exist. And what is bad is that computer creators are not creating them for users to do fresh installs, and they are wrong, some of the blockings I may encounter, may come from hidden features, I don't have the level to see, and that came with BIOS upgrades or whatever I have no idea what that changes the hardware and software possibilities. Informatics and technology speaks about evolution, but they got it all wrong, but I hope they won't do to genetics what they did to human science, changing the ideas for it to fit to them without telling or paying us, and making our thoughts dissapear from Earth. Technology could improve much more faster if they thought of how they are doing, and they don't need erasing other fields to do it better.

Something else, could seem fun, but Windows in the loading first screen did put a penguin on it to mean Windows or Virus knows I will do double boot with a Linux. It had put the same wallpaper at loading screen more then 5 years ago when I did my first double boot in here. Weird. I don't know what to think about this: I am watching you forever and wherever communication signs ? Anyway, it's not only on the computer that I can get those signs, although I don't pay anymore attention to it, but I find it stressing, same for ads that knows what you intend to buy.

I'll answer next time by Friday.

If you want to close issue, also tell me =)

Thanks a lot for all of your pacience and kindness =)

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA 1.10.3.1001
    www.malwarebytes.org

Database version:
    main: v2018.11.26.03
    rootkit: v2018.11.26.03

Windows 10 x64 NTFS
    Internet Explorer 11.407.17134.0
    Françoise :: EARENDIL-LIGHT [administrator]

26/11/2018 15:05:15
    mbar-log-2018-11-26 (15-05-15).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
    Scan options enabled: Anti-Rootkit | Drivers | MBR | Physical Sectors | Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken
    Scan options disabled:
    Objects scanned: 221159
    Time elapsed: 31 minute(s), 18 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

Physical Sectors Detected: 0

(end)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would also like to try run maybe in DVD, maybe in Plop + USB if it works, one of the antivirus that works before loging in the computer, YUMI (UEFI) does list them under Antivirus Tools, although just 3 appears easy in the internet. Should I do this with you ?
    I'm no help with this but I can direct you to a forum with tech people who might be able to give you tips with reformatting
    https://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119

I think their are some who also run Linux as well.

In December I will format all and this will fix everything =) I read from user that Windows will fix the permission issues.

But on my opinion (I did not study informatics) this is also related to upgrade from 8.1 to 10,
    Yes, it can be fixed if it's windows related, myself I have not had to do this.
    Many machines have had problems with the up-grades, some of the updates that went out after the up-grades did damage but there are so many I cannot list it all.

Since there is no malware we should remove tools and quarantine folders,

• Please download DelFix or from Here and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Double-click DelFix.exe to run the programme.
    • Place a checkmark next to the following items:
    • Activate UAC
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Click the Run button.
    • -- This will remove the specialized tools we used to disinfect your system.
      Any leftover logs, files, folders or tools remaining on your Desktop which were not removed can be deleted manually (right-click the file + delete
      ).

Keeping your programs up-to-date

Like keeping Windows updated, keeping your installed programs up-to-date is another important step in having a safe and secure system. Outdated programs can be exploited by hackers and malware to infect a system and take it over. This is especially true today with the rise of Exploit Kits (and also 0-days) which is one of the biggest attack vectors to distribute malware. Therefore, you should always keep vulnerable programs like Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Shockwave Player, Java, Silverlight, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, VLC Media Player, etc. updated to their most recent version (even better, you don't have to install them if you don't use them). Programs like UCheck, ]SUMo and Heimdal Free will scan your system for outdated programs, and help you identify them, as well as update them.

Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, Firewall and Anti-Exploit/Ransomware

Having a decent security setup (which also includes an Anti-Virus) is the most crucial step to protect a system. These programs are a layer of defence that will prevent a system from being infected, or if it somehow ends up infected, help mitigate the infection and remediate it. Ideally, you should have on your system one Antivirus (never more than one installed at the time), one Antimalware (you can install multiple of these, assuming they do not conflict with each other and the other security programs installed), one Firewall and if you wish, one Anti-Exploit and/or Anti-Ransomware (since Ransomware are currently the most dangerous threat around and it can hit anywhere). Here are a few programs worth checking out if you don't have one yet.

Note: The programs listed below are all free to use or they have some sort of trial. Some of them have a paid version that provides more features, while a lot of other good programs only have a paid version but aren't listed there (such as Kaspersky and ESET Antivirus products).

Anti-Virus

Anti-Malware
    • Malwarebytes - Has both a free and paid version. The Premium version of Malwarebytes also offers Exploit and Ransomware protection, for a complete package of: Malware, Web, Exploit and Ransomware protection
    • HitmanPro 3 - Free 30 day trial
    • Zemana AntiMalware - Free 30 day trial

As for safe browsing habits, you can find tons of guides, tutorials, articles, etc. online that will highlight the basics you need to follow (only visit websites you trust, do not click on ads, do not download files from untrusted sources, use a password manager, always verify the URL of a website and make sure it's correctly typed, etc.), and even what you can do if you want to take it a step further (create a fake email address for spam emails, browse the web in a privacy mode, etc.). Here are a few:

As you can see, there are plenty of resources out there. Simply Googling "good browsing habits" or "safe browsing habits" should allow you to find a lot of them.

created by Aura
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Hello, thank you for all your advice.

I just came back (sick) from holidays.

I only did small antivirus check beginning of 13/21 external driver connections with, as I had said, DVD, since neither my USBs neither Plop DVD can't boot, wich is unusual for authentic Acer Aspire E1-530.

Only found 1 valuable virus for you, althoughI didn't check all, it is ReImageRepair.exe, I thought that was an official Microsoft program downloaded from its website, but I don't know :/. Anyway, the virus we won't find out, is something alike an OS or ReImageRepair, or something that comes from hardware, anyway that can block DVD-ROM pilots but also do Corel (fixed itself) and Windows authentication issues, in my opinion, not my level, not in informatics.

I did buy official Windows 10 Home, but I won't install it now, and I might keep my built-in OEM version, if I do a fresh re-install. I did that because I am having high tension, because all that did stress me. There is no reason for a true Acer to have lied to me, and the Authenticate virus has dissapear.

My Ethernet did work back, was D-Link that had a problem. But my Ethernet cable did took some minuts to react as if there was some data stock inside.

I know it's not your advice, but this paid antivirus has a free antivirus rescue, based on Linux Gentoo. Open RC 0.3.4.11 is starting up Gentoo Linux (x86_64), so it's not Qemu, they just used an open source OS, to propose a free rescue DVD or USB although deleted or quarantine files are lost forever. I don't think the free antivirus is open source, but its' free.

I also did receive my Ubuntu Studio DVD from USA =) Windows has some Linux bash inside, but I'm not interested, as I'm not in it for IA, but for being connected towards nice people.

Upload is blocked, can't add the picture. Corel is still doing normal, non virus, sales pop ups from inside.

Bye, time to sleep, you can close issue =)

Thank you very much, Juliet =) You can close subject =)

Good night and have a good week and year and life =) =) =)

Bye =)
    Attached Images Attached Images

The photo is telling you that the machine finds ReImageRepair.exe as a virus, most malware techs will tell people, that it needs to be removed and you should to.
    I thought ReImageRepair.exe that was an official Microsoft program downloaded from its website,
    No
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...nsive-security
    Windows Defender Antivirus
    Microsoft has Windows Defender, a legitimate antivirus protection plan already built into Windows 10. However, not all antivirus software are the same. Windows 10 users should examine recent comparison studies that show where Defender lacks effectiveness before settling for Microsoft's default antivirus option.

After you reformat your computer let me post helpful tips.

Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, Firewall and Anti-Exploit/Ransomware

Having a decent security setup (which also includes an Anti-Virus) is the most crucial step to protect a system. These programs are a layer of defence that will prevent a system from being infected, or if it somehow ends up infected, help mitigate the infection and remediate it. Ideally, you should have on your system one Antivirus (never more than one installed at the time), one Antimalware (you can install multiple of these, assuming they do not conflict with each other and the other security programs installed), one Firewall and if you wish, one Anti-Exploit and/or Anti-Ransomware (since Ransomware are currently the most dangerous threat around and it can hit anywhere). Here are a few programs worth checking out if you don't have one yet.

Note: The programs listed below are all free to use or they have some sort of trial. Some of them have a paid version that provides more features, while a lot of other good programs only have a paid version but aren't listed there (such as Kaspersky and ESET Antivirus products).

Anti-Virus

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp
    The Best Antivirus Protection of 2018