Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Activation issue on Windows 10 Home OEM + Windows Store suggestion

More talkings:

For what concern the Windows update fix, Activation bug did come back with Warning, I will have to do the October Update for maybe it to become reliable. But that will be done later. I won't touch the Warning, neither will bring problems of too many calls for solving a bug that Windows did solve himself before yesterday. Unless maybe my Windows don't need me to play the not authentified Activate Windows - Windows is Activated game ? Maybe it does search activation on its own, and it don't need me to push any troubleshoot button. So I don't know what is this activation fix sent to everyone about, why it did stop working today at 14:39 20/11/2018 while before yesterday I got the Windows is Activated till now ? Nothing is clear except: don't touch nothing ! Windows must be taking care of it, so I better not touch it.

Lucky, after 2 time no work, Windows has in his website MediaCreationTool that allows you re-install Windows with no ISO file, and so burn the DVD =) I have got no idea if it is compatible with a built-in OEM that has more over Activation bug, but as Windows will be able to Authenticate me in any mornings, from other parameters, mostly if I have the October Update, hope them to be in the ISO, after your virus search, I will be able to format it (no worries, I think no need to buy again the in-built OEM key, but if buying is needed, I can, but I prefer waiting for this bug to be fixed by Windows before I will do it because all computers come with in-built OEM Windows, so I can't know if it is just device related, I won't buy something expensive 3 times USA price if ther is no need to, and if I have the right of Activating it in same device if it is same Windows OS then the built-in, else they will need to release other better Windows in what concerns key security) =) Still some chance my computer will just crash, but let's just hope no xwr errors in the Windows ISO. I will re-try the double boot after we are finished, but normal, Windows will need to have his partition, but that's my problems =) PS: In the past I couldn't test MediaCreationTool in my computer as it was said as not been created for my OS version, mystery =)

So this going to stay a come and go bug times 1000 , till it is permanently fixed by Windows and we can't do a thing about it. Except lots later the format =) And I am not touching at all the Activation button when it is self-activating in the morning, not me. So I am no longer going to bring noise in this issue as the Windows servers must be saturated with that, mostly at night.

But we will stay in the virus issue, not in the Activation issue =)

The status unavailable for Spybot anti-virus might also interest you, as it happens often :/ Also I must often put on again the periodic Windows Defender Scan :/. Same for Windows One Drive protection against Ransomware, it often goes back OFF :/

I often have them many times both not ON, but I don't think it's a bug, I think their status depends on the Windows Updates we can't see. As for Office: Word, etc., the manual updates needs both OFF. But I don't use much Office as it depends on Wifi ON and I won't always use Windows, and I won't always have a contract with them through family members, so I won't always be able to open files I create with them, they are just interesting for curriculum vitae. So that's not an issue.

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

I think, windows updates is having issues keeping your machine up to date and all thats here one day and gone the next is unpredictable.
    I have no idea why it would add a letter to your name, thats the first time I've ever heard or seen that.

I can give you a link to a tech help forum that can help with issues related to Ubuntu and other operating systems but, I'm no help with that.
    It's possible they can help with the windows issues, I don't know. You'll need to join and create a user name, and you can add the link to this topic here if you like. I am also a member there and help in the malware removal forum.
    https://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Online scan please

Emsisoft Emergency Kit - Fix Mode
    Follow the instructions below to run a scan using the Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
    • Download the Emsisoft Emergency Kit and execute it. From there, click on the Install button to extract the program in the EEK folder;
    • Once the extraction is complete, the EEK folder will open. Right-click on start emergency kit scanner.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
    • EEK will suggest that you run an online update before using the program. Click on Yes to launch it.
    • After the update, click on Malware Scan under 2. Scan and accept to let EEK detect PUPs (click on Yes).
    • Once the scan is complete, make sure that every item in the list is checked, and click on the Quarantine selected button;
    • If it asks you for a reboot to delete some items, click on Ok to reboot automatically;
    • After the restart, open EEK again (in the C:\EEK folder);
    • This time, click on Logs;
    • From there, go under the Quarantine Log tab, and click on the Export button;
    • Save the log on your desktop, then open it, and copy/paste its content in your next reply;
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Hello, thank you for your reply =)
    I will do the new scan, when Windows 10 OEM built-in becomes not activated again. So that the virus won't be hidding.

The Ubuntu issue was just because past bug/virus did not let me re-do double boot, but I think this bug/virus is gone =) .
    I will do what you are asking =)

Today I discovered one thing, it wasn't Windows that did re-activate it, my opinion and feelings were wrong, no fix yet on my computer.

It is just aswMBR:
    0- The bug or virus was here, Windows is not activated inside + the warning rectangle pop up.
    1- I clicked on it once and then got the virtualization option and clicked yes, and Windows crashed.
    2- Windows did restart with Windows is not activated inside, but no more pop up rectangle in the bottom right.
    3- I added a Win8 compatibility layer to aswMBR, but I just opened it (after the opening test whom I don't know if it opened it or not) a second time (could be considered a third time since there was the test), and Windows crashed again with the blue background saying to check with a good smartphone the square at: http://www.windows.com/stopcode
    4- Windows did restart with Windows is activated inside and no pop up rectangle.

So the bug is not there when it detects aswMBR being launched, but then it will surely come back at night. So this is the second time it happens to me when trying to open aswMBR. Not a proof, but possible.

So if it reacts to me trying to launch aswMBR, could be a Windows 10 virus, so each time the bug or virus will come back, I will click on aswMBR, then I will probably crash, then I will click again on aswMBR, and if I crash again and Windows gets re-activated without me having to spam Windows server, then we can be sure it to be a virus.

So I can't explain one of the times it did re-activate without me alone, but some chance it can be re-activated just by detecting the execution of aswMBR.

This said I'm not interested in informatics, just trying to help out =)

Some times I can attach files, now for this message I can't, and there was one of the messages before where I couldn't upload pics, I did resize them to smaller, but it was not that. Seems like, if it is not you that decides when I can attach something, virus can also block computer communications :/ It's just the smartphone square, nothing important, I'll send it later. Those bugs can kill anyones life :/

Thank you very much, I might reply tomorrow or tonight, as I am waiting for Windows not to be activated again by himself =)

So if it reacts to me trying to launch aswMBR, could be a Windows 10 virus
    The problem here is that aswMBR ( it's not a virus) has not been updated to comply and be compatible with all versions of windows 10 and with all updates that have gone out since the tool was created,
    When people tell me it crashed or crashes there computer I just tell them we will proceed without it.
    For your machine, don't use it, if you see an icon or any files for it just go on and delete it.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Hello, Windows stayed Activated all day long. And there was this time a true Update from Windows. So I don't know if it fixed it. I will see after it all to defrag, shrink and maybe or maybe not buy a non digital licence of Windows 10, but not now. And also to check if anything wrong in hardware, as I read on Windows website, that Acer could have added some hardware changes before selling my computer, could be the Nvidia as it was a sell argument, and that could have caused the issue, or I think maybe as my computer is old, something I can't see, because I'm not in informatics, could be going wrong with my computer, but I had bought a big ventilator to put it on (outside, it's an object like a table or a mouse support), so I don't think, even if it was more then 5 years later, something will burn. I think in my last computer many things had burned, starting the screen, but I don't know how to check those. I might also have a small issue with the CMOS small battery as last year I had time issues on both Windows and Ubuntu, but I don't have the level to find it and to change it, if so, maybe one day I will ask one repair, but not this year, maybe in 2 years, as I consider it an expense that is not in first technological needs. But anyway, my problem, not yours at all =)

For rooting my phone, I didn't use this APK and none of the related files, and as I stopped playing my game, and got lucky that my SD card had an unknown incident after I said goodbye to all my game friends, and as I don't use it that much, I'm not using the root part anymore. But this antivirus didn't detect the .zip file that contains it, so there are 4 issues of the same. Not sure if I should delete it ? I did call Samsung before I had rooted it, they said only a problem if I sell rooting ways, not a problem if I root it for myself.

And I didn't try the GIMP plugins in Windows as most of them requires Linux.

Thanks a lot =)

Emsisoft Emergency Kit 2018.6.0.8742 stable [en-us]
    OS: Windows 10 (Version 10.0, Build 17134, 64-bit Edition)

Forensics log

Date Component Action Details
    22/11/2018 18:58:21 User EARENDIL-LIGHT\FRANçOISE Infection quarantined Malware "Application.DealAgent.TGX (B)" in "GIMP Instagram Effects_2707362728.exe".
    22/11/2018 18:58:21 User EARENDIL-LIGHT\FRANçOISE Infection quarantined Malware "Android.Riskware.FakeApk.gUKNG (B)" in "Superuser.apk".
    22/11/2018 18:58:21 User EARENDIL-LIGHT\FRANçOISE Infection quarantined Malware "Android.Riskware.FakeApk.gUKNG (B)" in "Superuser.apk".
    22/11/2018 18:54:49 Scanner Scan finished Found 3 objects , user to decide on further actions.
    22/11/2018 18:47:49 Scanner Detection PUP "Application.DealAgent.TGX (B)" in "GIMP Instagram Effects_2707362728.exe" (SHA1: 7b60972858a267aa87ee62f5e167ed797351d197) and 2 other objects
    22/11/2018 18:44:00 User EARENDIL-LIGHT\Françoise Scan started Malware Scan
    22/11/2018 18:43:59 User EARENDIL-LIGHT\Françoise Setting modified "Detect PUPs" has been changed to "Enabled".
    22/11/2018 18:43:33 User Update Downloaded and installed 87 files (18538 kb) (52 sec.).
    22/11/2018 15:17:45 User Update Downloaded and installed 77 files (17570 kb) (1 min. 9 sec.).
    22/11/2018 15:16:37 Core Notification "Recommended Reading:Beware: New wave of malware spreads via ISO file email attachments".
    22/11/2018 15:16:34 User Update Failed with error "Server returned error" (0 sec.).

Much information has come out lately of malware in androids, I wouldn't be so quick to download stuff.....
    There are antivirus and malware scanners for android

https://www.malwarebytes.com/android/

It's easy to Google.

Now that windows is acting as it should the problem might have been related to issues with windows updates, might sound absurd but it happens alot.

Let's give it a day ot two and watch.

Oh, thank you =)
    I have plenty to do with family hole day, I'll watch over it later. I will be less active next week as I will travel 2 days.
    I'll also have to run all of your programs on the external disk for myself because of the files dissapearing long time past issue on C:\. But I hesitate going in a forum, as I am flood person and I was before on Linux where you solve all the bugs yourself or format it (but before flood was forbidden), and as also I don't speak like people who are in informatics. But nowdays the " format it " don't work as the USB and DVD-ROM have less good quality, and as many gets locked of from installing any OS, be Windows or Linux. Maybe also memory writting support is also nowdays less good quality even in what was in past computers good computers that could support being many times formatted or having many times same OS re-installed. I'm not alone in this formatting hesitation issue .
    The one letter issue added to my Administrator username could be related or could not be related to me having a " ç ". I have changed it to " fran ", but if it is not during Windows installation (from inside), there is no change, " franc " is still there.
    I had a thought about ReactOS, but seems like it's not enough maintained, needs more then 1000 persons on a OS, not 10, so no need to imagine myself installing Spybot on it, only if one day they emerge, but they might be better then Wine.
    I could if I wanted buy Windows 10 Home PPF, but not a new computer. I prefer waiting the day I get a job, as I have my requirements that are high, so economy is better, if I can't reach what I want. =)
    I don't have much time.
    Thanks Spybot for all =)

hope all remains well.

Today I got twice Windows Defender Anti-Virus and Spybot are both turned off, second time was too fast, it doesn't stay in notification.

Even if it is a virus, it is also a permission issue, so you can't do nothing about it. In fact I did succeed in installing on Windows 10, HWiNFO (used by Nasa in their adds so shouldn't be deprecated... ^^), at first it worked, the it dissapeared, then I tried installing it with Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10 compatibility, and no compatibility did succeed in having permission to overwrite the program that was not launching (as administrator) anymore. So I couldn't memorize what was my Wifi pilot.

If it is virus, seems like it is interested in me not knowing my pilots, although, I must have tons of them saved, I just wanted to write down the name. The secure boot is said to be disabled in the HWiNFO I had no time to screenshot, but on the other ones it seems to be either a feature, either enabled, I don't know, and it had said UEFI enable in the same board I couldn't save image.

It's Windows that must improve security in permission issues. I think the delete all Images and Documents, maybe also Video and Music folder content back in past did screw that up long time ago, even in installing Windows 10 from inside. Download folder had no issue, as as weird as it is, there are 2 Download folders in my computer, maybe because language was fr, or because of whatever is roaming, so the one I was using had no virus issue.

I was "Françoise" as admin, "franc" by Windows or Virus since long ago, (maybe many) re-install from inside, and now I am "fran" as admin, but the "franc" stayed in the users folder.

I just add you the " log " of this installation issue, although, it is most Windows that it concerns, because I cannot know, because I don't have the level to know, if this could be related to a virus.

Activation virus not back yet, but the day begun well :/

This is funny I can attach screen capture of HWiNFO issue, but not past non important at all, screen capture of the 2 asWMBR issues in blue with the smartphone error code :/ ???

Thanks =)