Thread: Continual Pop Ups Displaying Runtime Error 217

Default Continual Pop Ups Displaying Runtime Error 217

I got a flurry of pop-up messages saying that there was a Runtime error 217 at 004DA2B1. Sometimes after clicking on the Ok button or clicking on the X on the upper right of the pop-up message box, I would sometimes see a new pop-up box displaying the same error message. Each time I clicked on it (or when a new pop-up occurred), I would see the Start Center Spybot icon on my Windows 10 Taskbar flash or blink - so I knew the error was occuring in the Spybot software. I have a paid edition of the home Spybot +AV with Live Protection currently enabled. Also just prior to having this occurrence, I was downloading a new update to the Malwarebytes AdwCleaner (7.2.5) which I had been using (scanning) my computer.

The problem seemed to go away after restarting my PC.

Additional details:
    Spybot version 2.7.64.0
    Start Center 2.7.64.131
    Windows 10 Home version 1803
    Additionally, I have Trend Micro Internet Security (version: 15.0.1212) as my main AV software through the Geek Squad (Best Buy) yearly subscription service.

Hello Samuel K,

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel K View Post

>I have a paid edition of the home Spybot +AV with Live Protection currently enabled.

>Additionally, I have Trend Micro Internet Security (version: 15.0.1212) as my main AV software through the Geek Squad (Best Buy) yearly subscription service.
    Rule of thumb is one anti virus program resident to avoid conflicts, loss of program efficiency and system lock up due to both software products attempting to access the same files at the same time.

Having more than one resident can cause system performance problems.

Possibly the cause of the Runtime error.

Best regards, tashi
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016