Thread: Spybot interfering with antivirus, not sure if it's Live Protection or something else

Default Spybot interfering with antivirus, not sure if it's Live Protection or something else

After recently upgrading Spybot, my computer tells me that my antivirus turned off. I've been through this before with past version of Spybot and know that I have to turn off Spybot's active monitoring setting. However when I tried looking for that setting in the new version, I couldn't find it.

The FAQs here (https://www.safer-networking.org/support/spybot-2-faq/) says that it's now called "Live Protection" and it can interfere with the other antivirus programs. To turn off Live Protection, there should be a tab in the settings right between "Categories" and "System Integration". But when I open my settings, that tab is not there.

When I try to Live Protection, it says a license is required and it is only available to the paid editions (home, prof. corporate, tech). So that makes me think it is not installed since I have the free version.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spybot, but during the reinstallation, I could not un-check the box that installed Live Protection. It was checked and grayed out. So that makes me think it was installed.

So my question is, do I have Live Protection? If not, then what else is causing Spybot to interfere with Windows Defender?

Thank you.

Spybot version: 2.7.64.0 free version
    Windows version: 10 Home x64
    Attached Images Attached Images

Since you have the free version of Spybot, you don't have Live Protection. Your antivirus may have turned off because the free version of Spybot contains antivirus components from the paid editions. This article explains about that, and what to do to fix it. Please see here.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/pt-...er-windows-10/

Thanks, that did it.

You're welcome.