Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i tried the old thread but was closed

Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

A couple of things we can try.

Use system restore back to a date before things went crazy

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-u...ore-windows-10
    Scroll down to => Using System Restore

~~~
    We can gather information on your machine and then check the Intel drivers site to see if an update is there.
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...rt/detect.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Click the Dashboard tab, choose Scan, Threat Scan is checked and click Start Scan.
    If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
    Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the Reports tab.
    Double-click the Scan Log.
    At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.

Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

You can access the logs by going in the "Reports" tab, clicking on the latest "Scan" entry (the one with detections), then clicking on the "Export" button in the bottom-left corner and select "Copy to clipboard". After that, all you have to do is paste it here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emsisoft Emergency Kit - Fix Mode
    Follow the instructions below to run a scan using the Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
    • Download the Emsisoft Emergency Kit and execute it. From there, click on the Install button to extract the program in the EEK folder;
    • Once the extraction is complete, the EEK folder will open. Right-click on start emergency kit scanner.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
    • EEK will suggest that you run an online update before using the program. Click on Yes to launch it.
    • After the update, click on Malware Scan under 2. Scan and accept to let EEK detect PUPs (click on Yes).
    • Once the scan is complete, make sure that every item in the list is checked, and click on the Quarantine selected button;
    • If it asks you for a reboot to delete some items, click on Ok to reboot automatically;
    • After the restart, open EEK again (in the C:\EEK folder);
    • This time, click on Logs;
    • From there, go under the Quarantine Log tab, and click on the Export button;
    • Save the log on your desktop, then open it, and copy/paste its content in your next reply;

Please post these 2 logs when finished.

Also, tell me how the computer is now.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Well I've got a problem here, system restore took longer it seems than normal. When it finished my PC was rebooting and it would open the Lenovo window showing diagnosing pc then it goes to the blue page with the frown face saying it was collecting error material. After repeating this about 5 times it now goes to automatic repair with options and I've selected continue to Windows but winds back up in the same place. I'm now there and am offered restart and advanced. Can you advise me on what to do please?

whew! that was a scare! i had to post from my cell, i don't know what happened but restore ran for over two hours then crashed and windows wouldn't open. i started getting the repair page and used the easy options and nothing. i posted on my phone then saw i could restore again and did and it worked that time. bad news is the start up was horrendously slow as well as the route here to the forum. i'm gonna try these two scans and will be back later...

ok juliet here are the 2 scan results. now the emisoft folder opened and i didn't look good at the files and first clicked the commandline scanner which scanned in abot 15 sec was done and it shows an infection! including screenshot of the deal
    Attached Images Attached Images

oops!

Malwarebytes
    www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
    Scan Date: 4/17/19
    Scan Time: 1:16 AM
    Log File: 5e676556-60d8-11e9-b034-00f48ddc7000.json

-Software Information-
    Version: 3.7.1.2839
    Components Version: 1.0.563
    Update Package Version: 1.0.10202
    License: Expired

-System Information-
    CPU: x64
    File System: NTFS
    User: LAPTOP-7SS3QTOI\ronny

-Scan Summary-
    Scan Type: Threat Scan
    Scan Initiated By: Manual
    Result: Completed
    Objects Scanned: 276903
    Threats Detected: 0
    Threats Quarantined: 0
    Time Elapsed: 4 min, 36 sec

-Scan Options-
    Memory: Enabled
    Startup: Enabled
    Filesystem: Enabled
    Archives: Enabled
    Rootkits: Disabled
    Heuristics: Enabled
    PUP: Detect
    PUM: Detect

-Scan Details-
    Process: 0
    (No malicious items detected)

Module: 0

Registry Key: 0

Registry Value: 0

Registry Data: 0

Data Stream: 0

Folder: 0

File: 0

Physical Sector: 0

WMI: 0

(end)

Emsisoft Emergency Kit 2018.6.0.8742 stable [en-us]
    OS: Windows 10 (Version 10.0, Build 17763, 64-bit Edition)

Forensics log

Date Component Action Details
    4/17/2019 1:42:05 AM Scanner Scan finished Scanned 76660 objects and found nothing.
    4/17/2019 1:30:49 AM User LAPTOP-7SS3QTOI\ronny Scan started Malware Scan
    4/17/2019 1:29:54 AM User Update Downloaded and installed 41 files (5258 kb) (1 min. 6 sec.).
    4/17/2019 1:28:49 AM Core Notification "Recommended Reading:There is no malware on my PC, so why does Google redirect me to dodgy websites?".
    3/14/2019 1:24:25 AM Scanner Scan finished Scanned 75423 objects and found nothing.
    3/14/2019 1:16:35 AM User LAPTOP-7SS3QTOI\ronny Scan started Malware Scan
    3/14/2019 1:15:52 AM User LAPTOP-7SS3QTOI\ronny Setting modified "Detect PUPs" has been changed to "Enabled".
    3/14/2019 1:14:42 AM User LAPTOP-7SS3QTOI\ronny Setting modified "Recommended readings & news" has been changed to "Enabled".
    3/14/2019 1:14:40 AM User Update Downloaded and installed 16 files (1282 kb) (49 sec.).
    3/14/2019 1:14:00 AM User LAPTOP-7SS3QTOI\ronny Setting modified "Recommended readings & news" has been changed to "Disabled".
    3/14/2019 1:13:52 AM Core Notification "Recommended Reading:What is the difference between phishing, spear phishing and whaling attacks?".
    3/14/2019 1:13:46 AM User Update Failed with error "Server returned error" (1 sec.).

The emisoft screen shot didn't show the infection found but I do think it said it had found one?

I don't think the real trouble here is malware. I think the computer is sick with system/internal issues and I can't say what it is.
    When I had you run sfc /scannow it found problems, found corrupt files and successfully repaired them, I wonder if it really did.

Is this an original Windows 10 or was it an earlier version of Windows updated to a 10?
    I don't know if there is any significance to that question but if Microsoft threw out an update (this has happened many times) your machine can't handle that could be important.

I think it's time to send you to a tech forum (I'm a member there too) and allow the guys there to help you go over the computer and attempt to find some answers.
    I'm kinda scared if we continue here things could go south quick.

https://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119
    Register to the above site and post a new topic.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

ok juliet, thanks. yes it's the original win10 that was installed no upgrade. yes the screenshot i included of the commandlinescan, at the bottom shows infections found it's under the RESULT CODES at the very bottom but it doesn't say what or where. is it ok to say i was reffered to that site by safer networking?

Of course use my name and you can also post the link to this topic if you wish since so much info is already visible here.