Thread: Hacked browser slow

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Security Expert-emeritus Juliet's Avatar

Let's check for remnants.

Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    click the Settings tab,at the top choose Protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
    Click the Dashboard tab, choose Scan, Threat Scan is checked and click Start Scan.
    If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
    Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the Reports tab.
    Double-click the Scan Log.
    At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.

Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.

You can access the logs by going in the "Reports" tab, clicking on the latest "Scan" entry (the one with detections), then clicking on the "Export" button in the bottom-left corner and select "Copy to clipboard". After that, all you have to do is paste it here.

~~

Follow the instructions below to run a scan using the Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
    • Download the Emsisoft Emergency Kit and execute it. From there, click on the Install button to extract the program in the EEK folder;
    • Once the extraction is complete, the EEK folder will open. Right-click on start emergency kit scanner.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
    • EEK will suggest that you run an online update before using the program. Click on Yes to launch it.
    • After the update, click on Malware Scan under 2. Scan and accept to let EEK detect PUPs (click on Yes).
    • Once the scan is complete, make sure that every item in the list is checked, and click on the Quarantine selected button;
    • If it asks you for a reboot to delete some items, click on Ok to reboot automatically;
    • After the restart, open EEK again (in the C:\EEK folder);
    • This time, click on Logs;
    • From there, go under the Quarantine Log tab, and click on the Export button;
    • Save the log on your desktop, then open it, and copy/paste its content in your next reply;

Please post these 2 logs when finished.

Also, tell me how the computer is now.
    Windows Insider MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2017
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Hi, nothing detected on the scans. PC running quicker now.

I use Chrome Extensions Ad Block, Privacy Badger, Ghostery and Gmail notifier. Are these add ons ok?

Quote Originally Posted by jackwil View Post
    Hi, nothing detected on the scans. PC running quicker now.

I use Chrome Extensions Ad Block, Privacy Badger, Ghostery and Gmail notifier. Are these add ons ok?
    It's all good news.

I think the addons/extensions you have are good, even tho I've never used Ghostery and GMail notifier.
    I've tried to lead people into installing NoScript.
    NoScript is a Firefox add-on that blocks the actions of malicious scripts by using whitelisting and other technology.
    Google Chrome
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jecmcbfeoakpjm

I think people get annoyed with the tool but, I find that if I leave the addons window open, I enable/disable it as needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

let me know if your ready to remove tools and quarantine folders.
    Please do not PM me for Malware help, we all benefit from posting on the open board.

Read

• Please download DelFix or from Here and save the file to your Desktop.
    • Double-click DelFix.exe to run the programme.
    • Place a checkmark next to the following items:
    • Activate UAC
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Click the Run button.
    • -- This will remove the specialized tools we used to disinfect your system.
      Any leftover logs, files, folders or tools remaining on your Desktop which were not removed can be deleted manually (right-click the file + delete
      ).

Done, thanks.

Glad we could help.
    Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.