Thread: help, firefox refuses to save cookies for certain sites

Default help, firefox refuses to save cookies for certain sites

I ran spybot a while back to try to clean up some potential bad crap on my computer. Ever since I ran immunization and a scan, my bank website refuses to save my login. To be clear, I do NOT use the browsers save login feature. Things I have tried: undid immunization, restored blocked cookies to all profiles, restored firefox's cookie behavior command to 0 (default) and then I cleared browser cache and restarted. sometimes I need to log into my bank a dozen times a day, it's really f**king annoying to have to type in my entire 16 digit account number and then my super overly complicated password on top of that every time I need to log in. I want to uninstall spybot as I have no need for it any longer, but not before I can restore my settings. I have used this program off and on for like 15 years and it has never caused me this much frustration, I feel like the restoring cookie profiles feature is just plain not working.

Just to clarify, do you mean that you used to always stay logged into your banking website before, and now you have to manually login each time? Or do you mean that your login information used to be auto-filled automatically before, and now it is not?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Just to clarify, do you mean that you used to always stay logged into your banking website before, and now you have to manually login each time? Or do you mean that your login information used to be auto-filled automatically before, and now it is not?
    Further to that, I was also wondering about this:

To be clear, I do NOT use the browsers save login feature.
    Would that mean that you have "Ask to save logins and passwords for websites" unchecked, and if so have you always had it that way? I'm just asking so many questions to see what fits and what doesn't with what I've been searching, if that makes sense.

I never have the browser save passwords or login info, my bank website has a "remember me" feature and all it remembers is the user ID and even that is mostly X'd out. This broke after I installed spybot and ran everything. I had to re-log into every website i use and have "remember me" turned on and websites like youtube and such work fine now but my bank website refuses to.

Okay, thanks.

The reason you may have been logged out of websites is if Spybot is scanning for usage tracks, it deletes usage tracks, including cookies if you leave the cookies checkmarked after a scan and click fix selected:

https://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/

The reason why your bank website didn't go back to the way it was before, I'm not sure of.

I found a website that details what happens when 'Remember Me' is selected:
    http://docs.codecharge.com/studio40/...ememberMe.html
    I saw a few things listed at the end of the page which details where remember me might not work.

But anyways, for starters I'd like to err on the side of caution. Even though you reset cookie behaviour back to default (0) I'd like to doublecheck that, just in case. I cannot fathom that your bank would use third-party cookies in connection with login, but checking won't hurt anything.

Presuming you have one of the newer firefox versions, please follow this page to view your cookie settings:
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...ookie-settings
    Let me know what it is selected there. If it is set to Custom, please make sure Cookies is unchecked.

Btw, can you let me know what operating system you are using? Might not be important, but it's good to know.

Cookie blocking is not enabled, and cookie settings in about:config is 0

Alright, looks like it's not a cookie blocking thing.

As long as you feel it's okay to do this and no important information will be lost perhaps you could try removing the cookie for just your bank website, and see if the login sticks next time. Perhaps something went wonky with the login info in the remember me cookie or what have you.

If you are okay with doing that, then you could go to your banking website, uncheck "Remember Me". Follow this to clear the banking websites cookies and site date:
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...urrent-website
    Relogin to your banking website, and recheck the "Remember Me". Exit the website whenever you're done there, then go back later and see if it remembers you again. Maybe that will work.